“Great hotel option for downtown Toronto” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One King West Hotel & Residence

You added One King West Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
One King West Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 1A1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #39 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
St. John's, Canada
“Great hotel option for downtown Toronto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August 2012. We were very pleasantly surprised with the location and services within and near the hotel. I would think this is perfect for a business traveller-- there is a ilttle kitchenette in each room and internet seemed to work well for the most part. Morning breakfasts were very tasty. Service from the staff very good, and everything we needed was nearby.

One thing that guests should be aware of is that this is was converted from Apartments so the layout on the hotel room floors is a little strange. Also, parking is not great, fully to be expected given the location, but should be considered when planning a stay in downtown Toronto. In fact, be sure to check in advance with the hotel if you need parking as it is very much a premium in that area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Gamelanlover,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay experience at One King West Hotel & Residence. It is always rewarding to hear that our efforts are appreciated and I'm glad you had a great stay with us. As a visitor to the city, it's nice to know that almost everything Toronto has to offer is within walking distance from the hotel.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Steve O’Brien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Kissimmee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I once again spent a few nights at One King West, and every time we stay there, we are never let down. This was the first time that I used the washer and dryer that is available in every suite, and it was so nice to be able to do so in the comfort of our own suite. The location is excellent, the service is very helpful and friendly, and the new upgrades to the lobby are very well done. I would stay there again for sure, there is so much to see and do in this neighborhood.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a spectacular view of the City and Lake Ontario.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear musicmankissimmee,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with the TripAdvisor community. We aim to make our guests feel that One King West is their hotel to call home and I'm certainly glad to read that we hit the mark. Many of our guests find our in-suite amenities to be a real bonus (especially on longer stays) and it's nice to know that you agree.

It's great to see that you enjoyed your stay and would gladly return. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Property overview: Downtown Toronto hotel, located directly above the King Street subway station, which makes it very convenient to get around Toronto. It is located a short walk away from Eaton Centre and the CN Tower. The hotel comprises an old building and a newer tower that was built attached to the older section which has been renovated.

This was my 2nd time staying in this hotel for business, as the hotel is our designated corporate hotel in Toronto. I have been fortunate on both times to have been assigned a larger room on the higher floors. The room I had was a well equipped studio suite, which had a comfortable bed, and a kitchenette with all the amenities. However, it is important to note that some rooms are smaller, and I've been told by my colleagues who were unfortunate enough to be assigned those rooms that it was pretty cramped.

As part of the hotel comprises a building that is very old, it might be notable to some that the older building has had a storied past. For this reason, I have never really felt comfortable in this property, and would not choose to stay here if I was paying for the stay myself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear SqTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that once again, we were able to make your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable.

We have a variety of suite layouts available and our guests are most welcome to inform us at the time of booking about their preference and we'll do our very best to accommodate them. We want our guests' time spent with us to be as pleasant as possible.

Guests who stay with us frequently are encouraged to sign up for our clubONE loyalty program, which enables exclusive access to privileges such as - instant room upgrade, early check-in or late check-out and complimentary internet.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Chihuahua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

usually on my trips to toronto staying by my company in King Eddy Hotel, now we moved to this excellent hotel, the truth that sleep quality, cleanliness, and attention from the staff is excellent, in addition to this all my sites interest were very close, the hotel bar is a good place to talk with work partners

really congratulate the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kamex,

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

Thank you for your ongoing support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at One King West back in Feb, (just one night). The location is amazing. The service was decent, and the main lobby and lounge are very nice.

The rooms themselves though need some major work; furniture, carpets and drapes are somehow incredibly outdated, even though the hotel has only been open for about 6-7 years I believe.

The door to my room didn't quite shut properly, and as a result it rocked a bit all thru the night. Wasn't too loud, but certainly wasn't good.

The washroom was clean but very 1980's, (again - not sure how or why since the hotel is new) and the tub was great if you're under 5 ft tall, and less than 80 pounds.

The TV's are absolutely ridiculous - I realize that most people don't stay in hotels to watch TV - but elite level hotels are supposed to be all about perception; it’s 2013, not 1997. 27-inch tube televisions? Come on people...even cheap motels have moved on to at least 32 inch flat screens. At $400/night I'm sure OKW can afford to upgrade here. Not sure if its complacency, or the management truly believe that standard def tube TV's will be making a comeback :)

The room service was good, although my room didn't have a proper dining table, so the staff brought up a wobbly, round wedding-size table for my GF and I :) sort of took up half the room, but we had a good laugh at how ridiculous the whole thing was.

Staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be. Parking was a bit of an issue - the OKW lot was full, so we had to park a couple of blocks away, and this is important for anyone driving - the lot attendants are not fully aware of the deal that OKW has with the lot, so make sure to bring your hotel slip, several pieces of ID, and some DNA to avoid paying $50 for overnight parking.

Overall value = $125/night max. OKW can do better, and I'm sure once they make the required upgrades it'll be a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear jackraytwo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at One King West Hotel & Residence. I am very sorry that the suite you stayed in failed to meet your expectations and deeply regret the inconvenience caused. I would appreciate if you could email me at gm@onekingwest.com as I would like to hear from you in detail; for the purpose of making your future stay with us better.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The rooms at One King West are not exceptional (nothing at all wrong with them, just nothing exceptional). However, as a party venue, One King West was outstanding. Our event went off without a single hitch. The entire staff were accommodating, professional and flexible right up until the last minute and even into the affair itself. Despite the posh surroundings of One King West, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LMG155019,

I am glad to hear that your event was a success. Our service team works hard to ensure that we deliver the very best service and it's great to see that we met your standards.

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at One King West in the past month. My first visit was mediocre; my second visit was outstanding. It's obvious that there are rooms of varying condition and appeal.
Last week, my room was a corner suite on the 34th floor with sweeping views of the downtown area and Lake Ontario. I could find no fault with the room. It was bright, modern, spacious, and spotless. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on.
Just steps away from my meetings at Commerce Court West, one could not be in a better location in Toronto's financial district.
Reception and other guest services were quite good, although some staff could improve their interpersonal skills. On both occasions, I felt that staff lacked sincerity or warmth.
Prices in the bar and restaurant are high, but this seems to go with the territory. Signage for the continental breakfast was confusing. My work colleague and I each paid $33 for what we believed was a cheaper continental breakfast. Our fault.
All in all, this was a very positive experience. The hotel is highly recommended, and I will return.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear FussyVacationers,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience at One King West Hotel & Residence. I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations, especially as a returning guest.

Your ongoing support is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Steve O'Brien

Been to One King West Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!