“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of One King West Hotel & Residence

You added One King West Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
One King West Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 1A1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #42 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Real nice hotel with attention to customer service. Located in downtown Toronto within easy walking distance to St. Lawrence Market and many restaurants. We stayed on the 42nd floor and the view of the city was incredible, especially at night. King bed...very comfy; room very clean. We stayed in a suite, however the extra accommodations were beyond what we are normally accustomed to, such as a very small dishwasher and washer & dryer tucked in behind very small cabinets. Very unique and efficient organization. We travel to Toronto once a year from the U.S and will continue to stay at this fine establishment.

Room Tip: For the best view and panorama of the city and Lake Ontario, choose a room on one of the upper floor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hi notenuftime2011,

What a wonderful review! I'm happy to know that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you plan to stay at One King West again in the future. Many of our guests, especially those on longer stays, really appreciate our in-suite amenities. We aim to make our guests feel that One King West is their hotel to call home. I thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you're in Toronto.

Steve O'Brien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here while visiting the city for a friend's wedding. As it was the tail end of TIFF, every one of our usual hotels was incredibly expensive. This was the best value. The location was excellent, and the room was fine. Small, but clean, quiet, with a nice city view.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi MichelSha,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your review. I'm glad to know that we met your expectations and that you found good value in One King West. Even though TIFF is a very busy time here in Toronto, I'm happy that you chose to stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've spent 3 nights at the Superior "Suite with view" while traveling to Toronto on business. My room was on the 46th floor looking east, making for some spectacular morning views. The hotel is centrally located, if you're targeting downtown Toronto, this hotel will be ideal (I walked everywhere, but there is a subway station right under the hotel, as well as a street car stop in the front). I sadly did not get a chance to try the swimming pool or the gym. The breakfast was fine but a bit pricey for what it was (do NOT get the espresso, it was a disappointment). The room was great, comfortable, kitchenette well equipped (I only used the fridge and the coffee maker), everything you would expect. Complimentary internet service is wired 100 Mbit/s ethernet only, Wi-fi is an extra $10 per day (if you need to connect your tablets/smartphones, either bring a wi-fi router or figure out how to make you laptop into one). I'm definitely staying at One King West on all my future trips to Toronto.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi DF71810,

I thank you for your feedback and am very pleased to know that you plan to stay with us again the next time you're in Toronto. Our location is a definite plus and a real draw for many of our guests, and I'm glad that you agree.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've had the pleasure of staying at One King West a number of times, the latest for a pleasure trip to Toronto at the beginning of November. I slogged into the hotel way before check-in time (after a very trying morning of travelling) and was delighted to be welcomed back by the associate at the desk and quickly checked into my room in the old tower. The room was lovely and very welcoming also, and that set a relaxing and cared-for tone for the rest of my stay. As usual! The location of this hotel is perfectly situated for those interested in touring around Toronto - what isn't within walking distance, can be reached by the subway (a stop is located right outside the doors!) or short taxi ride. This is truly a gem in the middle of the city and, as usual, I am eagerly looking forward to the next time I can sneak away for another visit!

Room Tip: Rooms in both the old and the new towers are charming and delightful - try both!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hi Jennifer F,

Receiving positive feedback like this, especially from our long-standing guests, is wonderful. I'm glad to know that you felt welcome and cared for during your stay. Our guests' satisfaction is our top priority and when they're happy, we're happy!

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're able to sneak away!

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I, for a treat, decided to spend a weekend away in Toronto. Friends of ours recommended that we stay at One King West. The initial appeal for us was its great location. Neither of us like to drive in Toronto, so one of our goals was to find a hotel close to everything downtown Toronto. Could not have chosen any better!

The staff was extremely friendly, efficient and helpful. When we needed suggestions or help, any member of the staff was happy to talk to us, to listen to our needs, and to make real suggestions that fit those needs.

Our room was perfect. A large king sized bed, extremely comfortable (loved the pillows!). Spacious room with separate shower and deep bathtub. Refridgerator, microwave, dishwasher, comfortable furniture, great light....

And so convenient to everything downtown Toronto.

Room Tip: We stayed in the original hotel space, not the tower.. We loved the high ceilings and spacious room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Joy W,

I'm glad that you took your friends' advice and chose to stay at One King West! It's nice to know that you had an amazing weekend and we were able to share a part in that. Our location really is second to none — convenient for those who are driving in the city and for those who choose not to. Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Really nice hotel in the heart of downtown Toronto. The hotel has a great atmosphere and the cooked breakfast is great. The room were a great size and very clean. Highly recommend this hotel. Only gripe was the wifi isn't complementary it costs extra to have it in the room and the wifi in the lobby isn't particularly fast.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Andrew C,

I'm happy to know that you were pleased with our location, breakfast, and your suite. The fact that you would recommend us to others means a lot. Thank you.
I appreciate you letting me know about the slow wifi you experienced in the lobby. I'll be sure to share this with our staff.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this hotel the night before my stay with Hotwire. Very reasonably priced compared to moderate chain hotels. While they had no smoking rooms available, I was given a room with a balcony so I could indulge.

I arrived in a rush mere minutes before a 6 pm wedding and check in was a breeze. The room was very spacious and very nicely appointed. There was an en suite washer, dryer, refrigerator, microwave and small dishwasher. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable.

The valet parking was pricey at $30 for the night. In room internet was $10. The vending machines are located only on the 12th and 17th floor, which to me was an inconvenience.

Room Tip: Even on the 5th floor, overlooking King and Yonge, the noise level was acceptable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hi dcm997,

I'm glad to know you were happy with your last-minute booking and that we could accommodate your needs. I thank you for posting your review.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Steve O'Brien

Been to One King West Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!