“modern sophistication” 5 of 5 stars
Review of One King West Hotel & Residence

You added One King West Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
One King West Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 1A1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #42 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
chicago
“modern sophistication”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Yes, there IS a washer and Dryer in every room! What a great treat! My husband and I stayed in a Superior Sweet because I prefer the addition of the tube (or we would have stayed in a studio). The room was perfect and the view was spectacular. EVERYTHING is around there, grocery stores, shopping, restaurants, jazz bars, easy travel (trolley car and Subway), and a great bar tender right down stairs. Clean, clean clean, I say this because I'm a little anal. [if I have to compare or make reference - this would be the W Hotels' modern, not so little sister] THE ONE KING IS THE ONLY PLACE I WANT TO STAY IN TORONTO!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, of course, the more spectacular the view. Ask for the view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Hi k k,

So happy to hear you were pleased with your stay with us! Like you, many of our guests love the views, the location and our amenities. I thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with One King West Hotel & Residence.

We look forward to having you back!

Steve O'Brien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Ottawa, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. We stayed in the "old" part of the hotel on the 8th floor. This part of the hotel is the former building (a bank) turned into suites with kitchenettes. The room was pretty small, but came with a dishwasher, washer and dryer, fridge, stove top, toaster coffee maker and some dishes. Not a lot of dishes - not even something to cook on the stove top, so don't expect much. But it was great to be able to make our own breakfast and lunch. The room was clean and pretty quiet. The gym in the building is small - 3 treadmills, which I don't think is really enough for that big of a hotel, but we actually never had to wait to use them. There are two saunas, a hot tub and a small lap pool that creates artificial waves. I'm not sure I would call this a 4 star hotel, but I'm also not complaining as we got a good price. That and the location is great.

Room Tip: Park at Commerce Court on Wellington to save a bunch on parking.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi abe416,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our location! Thanks for providing your feedback.
We're happy to provide pots and pans/kitchen utensils upon request - we take our guests' satisfaction very seriously, and are happy to accommodate you to ensure your stay is a great one.
I hope you stay with us again the next time you're in Toronto. We'd be happy to welcome you back.

Steve O'Brien
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This hotel in the heart of downtown Toronto presents as an ultra-classy boutique hotel at street level, but turns out to be a glass skyscraper in disguise. Very cool! Magnificent lobby entrance and informative historical info throughout the hotel. The rooms are set up for overnight guests and for temporary residents, so although our room was a bit cramped, they contain a kitchenette with stovetop, micowave, fridge, washer/dryer, and dishwasher. Writing desk, sink and counter as well. Negatives: small washroom and hard mattress, Wifi only in the lobby, old-style TV. But overall, a classy joint at a reasonable price, well located at King and Yonge.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hi AndreaD068,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m glad you were impressed with our building’s architectural details and historical features. We’re proud that’s one of the many things that make One King West Hotel & Residence unique. I’m also happy to see you were satisfied with our location – many of our guests share the same opinion.
I hope we see you again in the near future. We’d love to welcome you back.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Nice location..right downtown. Close to ACC and hockey hall of fame ans shopping.
Lounge is quaint and new york style ( lots of people in and out). Ask to see the giant bank vault that doubles as a meeting room!
Breakfast is good and not much need to go elsewhere for it.
Rooms have kitchens and washer dryers... Nicely done and they are kept very clean.

Room Tip: Asknfor high floor away from elevator
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hi travelcato,
I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We’re passionate about our guests’ satisfaction, so I’m happy that we hit the mark. Thanks for mentioning the vault – it is a real guest favourite and worth seeing, for newcomers.
I hope we see you again at One King West Hotel & Residence in the near future. We’re working on revamping our menu soon, so you’ll have to try it out next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

WE came into union station by go train and was at our hotel within in minutes by walking if you have a lot of luggage there is a subway stop right near hotel. Parking is pricey at hotel also there is not free internet in rooms, these two things I felt were big minuses. I would pick this hotel for location alone. If you want a bathtub make sure you request it, not all rooms come with.

Room Tip: this hotel is located just minutes away fromm acc eaton center and union station. Make su
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi pjah30,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you were happy with our location and proximity to public transit! I look forward to welcoming you back to One King West Hotel & Residence in the future – if you need anything during your stay, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

So i booked a premium suite and paid the extra fee for a high floor...i got to the hotel at 2:45pm, check in was at 3...i was told, we have you booked in a 44th floor room...then she tells me that the room isn't ready yet-so i said ok, check in isn't until 3 anyways, i went and waited at the bar....i was then told that they are very busy so my 44th floor room won't be ready until 3:30 or so....
i told them i had a meeting to go at 4 and need to shower and change, they offered to let me "shower and change in another room, then you can move to your room"...i said no thanks, just give me whatever you have so i can go on about my business...

i went upstairs, my room was on the 33rd floor, room was ok, smaller than other suites I have been in....i was about to take a shower and realized there were no bath robes- i called and asked for one...it took them 40min TO BRING ME A BATHROBE!!!! 40 MINUTES! totally unnaceptable- i took my shower and got ready, by the time the robe came, i was heading out the door to my meeting!

i also requested the newspaper at door in the morning, surprise surprise...woke up to find no newspaper...i didn't even bother to call down and ask for one, for the fear that it'll take them another 40min to bring a simple item!

oh i also have to mentioned that the "coffee and tea" i had in the room turned out to be empty bags, i heard a cleaning lady outside my door, so i asked her for some so I could have in the morning...

also, no free internet- the last 3 hotels i stayed in, in town offered free wifi---not at this hotel,you have to pay for it

i really feel like i spent $225 for sub par service- i travel at least once a month, and I was not impressed with this hotel.....I have another upcoming business meeting next month in town- I think this time around i'll try another hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hi Andreaa a,
I’m glad you shared your feedback but am sorry to hear we didn’t meet your expectations. You’re right, waiting 40 minutes for a bathrobe is far too long. We have systems in place to ensure our clients’ needs are met in a timely fashion and in this case, these systems failed.
I’m going to investigate this, along with your other comments with our staff to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
We are very serious about our guests’ satisfaction, and this feedback helps us to stay on our toes. We have a reputation as one of the leading hotels in Toronto, and we’d like to keep it that way. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in August 2011 and I had a great experience. The hotel is located in a historic building that used to be owned by the Dominion Bank. The hotel has preserved some of the rooms, the vault, and the original elevators from the bank. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient. My room was located on the 70 fl and I had a great view of the golden building and the Needle. The studio room I stayed in was spacious, clean and comfortable. One of the advantages of this hotel is its location and proximity to the subway station (Subway entrance is just a few steps from the hotel and can be accessed from the hotel). I would stay at this hotel on my next visit to Toronto.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high fl.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hi yenfer24,
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We’re proud of the historical features of our hotel (the vault is definitely a favourite). It’s one of the many characteristics that make One King West Hotel & Residence unique.
I thank you for your feedback and hope we see you again the next time you’re in Toronto.
Steve O’Brien

Been to One King West Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!