“Another one I call home away from home...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Oregon
“Another one I call home away from home...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is the first time I stayed in a Residence Inn outside of the US. It matches up to my standards in various ways (in no particular order).
1. The room is very clean.
2. The staff is very pleasant and helpful.
3. Breakfast and happy hours (happy hours: mondays through Thursdays) are good. There are a variety of foods and drinks (juices, milk, coffee, tea) at breakfast. There are different themes at happy hours, such as sports, Italian etc.
4. There is a laundry room for customers to use.
5. The room has a oven, dish washer, cups, plates, utensils etc.
6. The free Internet service in the room is lightning fast. I've stayed at other Residence Inn in the States where the Internet is like SLLLOOOWWW. But not this one. I'm amazed as to how fast the Internet speed is.
7. Flat panel tvs. There's a channel where you can watch Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) news in the morning, i.e. if you're interested. I'm not sure if there are other foreign language programmings at other times of the day.
8. Free pick up from and to the airport. The hotel has a toll free number (go to the hotel's website and you'll find the number there). Call from the airport after you've arrived and picked up your luggage. There's one very important thing to note though. There are quite a few Marriott branded hotels in the area (courtyard, regular Marriott). I made a mistake of getting on the wrong bus. (Make certain you get on the one that says Residence Inn). I was to walk from Marriott to the Residence Inn (not that far). The nice driver offered to take me there.
9. Maybe I got lucky. I didn't hear any plane at all in my room.

The only gripe (if I must find one) about the hotel is the location. It's very close to the airport, but you do need to rent a car or have your own car to go places.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear OregonTraveler99,

Thank you for taking the time to share in detail your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport. We are glad that you consider the hotel your home away from home.

Gina Villanueva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very good hotel for large stays, breakfast included is always different and they always have a cocktail in the afternoon! nice and confy rooms
They are not like the Marriott but nice with everything inside to help yourself
Awesome if your work is going to be in the building next door. Pearson center

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Kenys,

Thank you for your review and we hope you will stay again at the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport next time you are in Toronto.

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at Residence Inns throughout North America, but his one foes not measure up to the usual standard of Residence Inn. The suite was incredibly small. The kitchen was badly equipped and had no oven, although it was listed as having one. The ice maker was incredibly loud, often competing with the planes passing by landing at the airport. It was impossible to control the room temperature - a common compliant from speaking with other guests - and since no windows opened, we sweltered in the over-heated and dry room. We stayed in the suite for four nights - three of those nights the halls and elevators were taken over by running, screaming children. To be fair, the hotel tried to keep it quiet, but they were unsuccessful for the most part. Finally, the sofa bed in the living room had a very sub-standard, uncomfortable mattress. The Marriott downtown on Yonge Street is far better equiped and run.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Larry M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your stay left a poor impression. I have discussed your review with our team to find ways to improve based on your comments. A suite with full oven can be requested so please mention your preference during reservation.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night before catching an early flight. It was a nice clean suite, beds were comfortable, bathroom was fine, functional kitchenette. Appreciated that the crib was set up prior to our arrival. A simple quiet hotel - no porters, no bar, quick check in and out (there are luggage trolleys available). The included hot/cold breakfast was good, and included the option to take food away which is really nice. You book the courtesy shuttle when you check in, and it left on-time. I believe it left every half hour. They had information in the room about ordering groceries that they would deliver to your room which is a nice idea. All in all, a very good place to stay when you want to be close to the airport and I would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Cangirl_10,
I am glad you had a great experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Residence Inn Marriott @ Toronto Airport is perfect hotel stay for the business traveler who want stay closer to Pearson Airport. This hotel well connected to 401 major highway in Onatrio. Also Toronto Downtown, Mississagua is not too far. (Few mins drive).

Hotel condition is well maintained, nice and specious rooms. Cleaning and room service are decent. Most of the suites has complete kitchen, hence anyone would like to cook while during long stay that makes decision to stay perfect. Although hotel serves complimentary breakfast with good variety and it also serve evening snacks for free - mostly has good continental style.

Good swimming pool and Jacuzzi for the perfect rest moments. Gymnasium is decent for short workout.

Overall hotel is perfect for the long stays.

Room Tip: Select 1 kingsize bedroom if you alone.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Datta_25,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here before taking a morning flight out of yyz. Booked a one bedroom suite for 3 of us.

Check in was friendly and efficient. Parking was an annoying hassle - since we didn't have too much luggage we parked the car and walked to the front desk to check in, only to find out that we had to put a parking tag on our dashboard so had to go back out into the freezing cold again.

Room was set up exactly as we had requested. Room a bit small - small table with only 2 chairs for three of us. Lots of towels but it appears housekeeping had recycled shampoo left by the last guest as the one bottle we had was only half full. Other than that room was very clean.

We didn't use the fitness room - it was very small with a couple of treadmills, a recumbent bike and some free weights I believe. The pool and hot tub area were very nice. The pool gets 5 stars because not only was it very clean, but it was actually warm enough that our swim was a real joy (so many hotel pools are cold).

Breakfast was the usual Residence Inn mix of hot and cold - very good to get you going for the day.

I was aware of the charge for parking (I believe $10) when I booked, but I do believe this charge is a rip off. This is the airport area, where land really is not at a premium. I can see paying to park if we leave our car there while on vacation, but I believe parking should be included in the price of the room. By not including it and adding it on after, some people may be surprised that their room is costing $10 more a night than they expected. Yes, it's their fault for not checking first, but ultimately there really is no reason for this parking charge. I considered giving this hotel only 3 stars for this reason.

ktown

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear ktownavillr.
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our pool and breakfast. With regards to the room, I will discuss your comments with the team regarding the shampoo to ensure that they replenish accordingly. On your next visit, please let us know if you require a third chair as we will be more than happy to deliver it to your room. For the parking, I apologize for the inconvenience of having you go back to the car. The parking pass on the dashboard is necessary for us to monitor the vehicles at the parking lot. While parking fee is an added expense for the guests with vehicles, it is the lowest rate in the area from the last time we checked. The minimal fee was set as we have to consider the maintenance cost to have the parking facility available to every guest that requires it.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Most practical hotel I've stayed in. It was quiet and well layed out. Only downside, the over-aggressive cleaning ladies. I was staying there for 6 weeks and was pressured nearly everyday to have my room cleaned. With having the room clean, I expect some of my things to be moved around, but when I came back and saw that my toothbrush which I usually kept in a glass by the sink was resting on the counter-top, I refused to let them in anymore. The hotel was in an alright location considering it's in Etobicoke. Overall enjoyed my stay minus the housekeeping. I would recommend it to others but advise that they refuse housekeeping, no matter how much they peer pressure and guilt you - which they will. No means no!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Movinmoe,
Thank you for your review. I am surprised of your experience with the cleaning of your room. We take pride in having a very detailed cleaning procedure to ensure that we do not re-arrange guest belongings. We have discussed your comments with the Housekeeping team to ensure that they understand the importance of your concern. I would appreciate if I can discuss this further with you to get more details so I can address this with the team member in-charge of your room. My telephone number is 416-623-2530 or your can send me an email at gvillanueva@residenceinntorontoairport.com. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Gina Villanueva - General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!