“Better than the soho house hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Drake Hotel Toronto
1150 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M6J 1J3, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
London, United Kingdom
“Better than the soho house hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

As a Londoner and daughter of interior designers I'm not the easiest of hotel customers... Drake blew me a away. As stylish as the soho house hotels, but even edgier, without being hard work!

Attention to detail was astounding. Bar fab, cafe fab, staff fab

One of my Top 5 hotels of all time ... And definitely number one for best city break hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

While we were probably thirty years older than most of the clientele, we still thought it was lots of fun. We ate upstairs in the rooftop cafe for lunch which was very good. The next night, after a long day of waking we decided to eat in the Lounge, great dinner. Had eaten at Momofuku the night before, but really liked the Drake meal much better. Then breakfast in their cafe was terrific.
The room, was not large, retro furnishings, wonderful toiletries, flat screen TV. Also stairs no elevator. The staff are enthusiatic and very helpful.

Room Tip: very funky arty area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

First class rooms. Every detail of the room's design is deliberate and the craftsmanship is way above ordinary. The weekend night life at the Drake is well-documented. It is hip and top-of-the line. The staff is always helpful, even if you try not to engage them. Did I mention that it is located in one of the most vibrant areas of Toronto?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Washington Township, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and i decided on a trip to toronto for our 11th anniversary. Starting with our arrival on Friday we knew the stay would be a great one. Jonathon the hotel manager helped us with our bags and got us checked in. We arrived early and they got us checked in within ten minutes. We enjoyed a drink at the bar and then went to our room. Jonathon had our bags waiting in the room. He couldn't have made the stay more enjoyable, but the rest of the staff could.... The bar and wait staff made us feel like superstars! Gordon, Asia, Vin, Simon and Cameron thank you! And you too Jonathon!

Joe and Theresa

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were here for dinner New Year's Day 2013 and were very impressed with the funky, fusion menu and the great ambience. The sushi salad was amazing and my friends loved the house burger. Good food and service in a funky, artsy hotel setting. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Didn't stay at the hotel - just ate at the restaurant - just remember this hotel is a bit west o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I just got back from a friend's wedding in Toronto. The event took place at the Drake and my partner and I stayed at the hotel for the weekend. I have stayed at all the Fairmont's, Hyatt's, etc. Those places don't come close to the warmth, charm and funky vibe we experienced at the Drake. The staff are AMAZING. We felt so taken care of in every way. The room we stayed in was so well designed and clean, mean and green! I am a germaphobe and hotels usually gross me out. This place is so well maintained I could just relax and enjoy my time in the room. There is contemporary art work everywhere you look in the lounge, restaurants and hallways. I will recommend the Drake to every single person I know who is travelling to Toronto. And I will most definitely make it my destination the next time I visit the Big Smoke...

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor which was a tad noisy, but not ridiculous. Will book the 3rd floor next t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were celebrating a birthday and a retirement and wanted someplace special to stay in Toronto. On a previous Toronto visit, a great lunch on the patio of the Drake had sparked our interest in this very unique and cleverly appointed hotel. We knew the Drake was a charming blend of 1920’s setting and current hip, including some great art, so we had high expectations for our stay. What we didn’t know until our time there was how attractive and functional the rooms were, and how totally attentive the entire staff is to their guests. We could not have been treated better, and we loved every minute of it. Over many years of travel, I’ve never been moved to write a hotel review, but the Drake experience: ambience, room, food and staff deserve passionate enthusiasm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Drake Hotel Toronto? Share your experiences!