“Attractive restaurant and setting” 4 of 5 stars

416-504-1020
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Amsterdam BrewHouse - On the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #512 of 6,995 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Californian, Brew Pub, Southwestern, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Pittsburgh
“Attractive restaurant and setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were exploring the waterfront and came across the brewhouse. It is very sleek and attractive the chairs were comfortable and you can sit outdoors on the lake or indoors at the window and enjoy the view. The service was friendly and very good. I had the wood fired flatbread pizza and my husband had burgers and fries. Everything was very good and generously sized. We could have split a pizza, we took leftovers home with us, My husband especially liked the fries. The beer was very good too. Octoberfest was on and they had additional food options. We were there in the afternoon and it was not busy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brampton, Canada
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Was looking so forward for a nice afternoon. The beer menu only had their brews, & were out of at least 4 of them. The menu is kind of limited, & quite pricey for what you get. The server never came back to see if we needed another drink as quite visibly we were out of any beverages. There are so many restaurants downtown Toronto, that I think we will pass on going back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Local fares well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a relaxing evening. The place was buzzing. Unlike our first visit we were seated quickly. They appear to have addressed the kitchen issues that had people waiting an hour or more for food service. My companion choose boneless Ribs. A demanding palate the sauce was pronounced a hit ( I found it a bit sweet). The ribs we cooked well if unevenly. Parts melted on the palate ( as was expected) others not. The presentation was ok.
I choose Ontario fare. My beer was a seasonal made with fresh Ontario hops. And hoppy it was. A great companion to the Wellington County Brisket "Hamburger". The Burger looked spectacular. Kudos for presentation. The brisket was savory with great texture. Kudos to the Ontario Farmer. The "simple salad" was a fine upgrade from the French Fries if a bit heavy on the Balsamic for my taste. I recommend a trip to try this pairing before the seasonal is gone.
Dessert was "donuts" with Nutella and peanut butter dipping sauce. They arrived in a pink box, circa 1970 Chinese Canadian spare ribs container, with the dipping sauces beside. Interesting. The sauces were good. The "Donuts" were Tim Bits (if not a Canadian think a large round marble shape). Nice texture. The Expresso was respectable.
Overall a good experience. Service still a bit slow that is not unforgivable in a semi sports bar.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“visited Amsterdam BrewHouse in the summer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was very excited when first learned Amsterdam brewhouse is coming to the Waterfront. We went the first day they opened. It was a bit hectic, it looks like the staff did not know their ways around, the waiting was a bit long and the food just ok. Given the fact the place just opened, we thought the service would improve. We went few more times and I have completely lost interest visiting the restaurant. Despite the empty tables, we were told the wait is 15-20 minutes, and once seated inside, we were still waiting for menus and the server. The food has been completely disappointing and overpriced, topped by the most unusual caesar salad I ever had, I have included a picture ; the beer was good.
The location is excellent, the restaurant is located right on the waterfront and offers a spectacular view of the harbor, if you are seated on the outdoor lake side patio or at the back of the dinning hall facing the water. Two times we were offered a table in the front section, where there was not much of a view and it felt noisy.
Based on my experience, I would not visit the place again soon. It just feels there are always some issues with the service and I have to mentally prepare for a long wait. However I am hoping the management would do some improvements such as train the staff, and change some of the items on the menu. Last time I heard, the caesar salad, mentioned above, is replaced with the traditional ceaser salad so perhaps they listen to customers' reviewes. Currently there are not too many nice restaurants at that area and the Amsterdam brewhouse has a such a potential to become favorite spot for neighborhoods residents and visitors alike. I am giving 3 stars mostly for the location and the design.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ajax, Canada
“Service was fast, food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was here with 3 friends in August after an evening sailing on the lake. The brie thin crust pizza was delicious and the beer cold. Service was good too.

Visited August 2013