“Authentic Home Made Mexican” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #457 of 6,796 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Toronto, Canada
“Authentic Home Made Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Love this place. Small menu, but everything is made fresh every day. Owners are very friendly, and if you are a regular you are greeted like an old friend. I used to live around the corner and went there regularly before moving. I love my Mexican cuisine and this is the real deal - no "Tex Mex" nonsense here.

Rather than trying to review it all, you go and give it a try. Don't forget to try their homemade salsa (which you can buy at the store!)

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The owners of this place are Mexican (that's a plus) so they have the right idea when it comes to authentic Mexican food, the problem is translating this idea into dishes offered to costumers that also have a high quality standard. We tried the taco combo, we got corn tortillas for our tacos, a side of beans and a side of rice. Everything looked good, but when we tried the food, the taste just was not there. The filling we chose for our tacos (chicken and beef) was insipid, and I do not know why they put cheese on our beef tacos. The rice was dry and flavourless, the beans were decent but tasted like the ones you get from a can.

I would not recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“its not pretty but the food is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

...and it keeps getting better. great fish taco combo plate. real fresh food fast. short on ambience but really, its fast great mexican food at yonge and wellesley. what more do you want? great friendly service. go there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Corn tortillas? Yes! Great little Mexican place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Run by a few great guys, I can't believe there is only one review for this place. The meal was very authentic and tasty. Loved that they let me get three different types of tacos. I'll definitely be back, but with my tums next time!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
toronto, canada
“Muy bueno!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Been here several times, and I would not hesitate to recommend this place. They have generous portions, and more importantly, the food is tasty and delicious. Love their fish tacos and guac. My goal is to try everything in their menu at least once. Churros are inconsistent though, sometimes good sometimes not so much. I'm glad they opened near where I live. So if you're walking around Wellesley and start feeling hungry, hoof on over to Como en Casa. Make your tummy happy.

• Visited July 2013