“Excellent cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakeries
Ottawa
“Excellent cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Food was very good but the"maple" syrup was not real. Tasted like maple flavoured corn syrup. They charge enough and should use the real thing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

toronto
“Good place for coffee break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a good place to stop for coffee on Bloor Street and there is a nice variety of baked goods. It can be quite noisy on a Saturday afternoon as the sound seems to bounce off the walls. The windows offer great people watching on Bloor St. But if you want a quieter place, try the café in the Royal Conservatory further east on Bloor St (near the Royal Ontario Museum).

Visited September 2013
Adelaide Hills
“Lunch outside in the sun was ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were on our way to the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) and decided to stop for a quick lunch. Angus Steak Burger and Chips were fine, and while the fries were especially prepared - I noted from an earlier review complaining about the chips/fries, when in fact this was how they were meant to be served with this dish, slight soft and smothered in the gravy, rather than deep fried and crispy.

You need to order and pay inside. The service was fine, with additional water brought to us by the waiter. We enjoyed Expresso coffee which we had to collect. Overall we thought the food was a little overpriced. The positive was our ability to sit outside in the sun.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Are standards slipping?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My first visit in months, and I found myself disappointed. My salade nicoise contained neither anchovies nor nicoise olives, and if it wasn't dressed with a vinaigrette the quantity must have been tiny. I've had their sandwiches in the past, and they have generally been very good; perhaps I should have ordered one this time. The cheesecake for dessert was good, and so was the cappucino, so I don't want to mark the place down to poor, but other visitors, be warned.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unpleasant Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here a couple of times during our current Toronto visit and even though it's on the expensive side, we've always been happy with the quality of the food. This morning, we went for breakfast and I placed our order at the bar, which is how ordering is done. During my transaction, a person standing next to me kept talking to the woman taking my order. When it arrived at our table, my husband's order was incorrect. The helpful server who brought us our food said she would bring him the correct order. After a couple of minutes, the woman who took my order came over and accused me of ordering something other than what I had ordered! Needless to say, it ruined our breakfast. Tomorrow we'll be eating someplace else.

• Visited July 2013