“A Cafe in Paris That is Just Around the Corner from Your House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Gelato

Hotel Gelato
532 Eglinton Avenue West | 2 Lights west of Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario M5N 1B4, Canada
+(1)416-932-2663
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #190 of 6,776 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Ice Cream, Bistro, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Hotel Gelato is a friendly, sophisticated neighbourhood spot where you can meet friends, treat the family or just kick back with great meal, coffee, cup of gelato or even a cocktail. We offer Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Weekend Brunch.
Toronto, Canada
“A Cafe in Paris That is Just Around the Corner from Your House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Every single experience that I have had at Hotel Gelato has been a memorable one. I first started going there when they had just introduced their breakfast/brunch menu. I ordered the baked eggs! When the dish came to my table my mouth immediately started watering. The presentation was wonderful, the smell was intoxicating and the taste... the taste was marvelous. the glutton in me wanted to order 3 more baked eggs. The atmosphere made me want to stay even longer as I felt like I was in a little cafe, tucked away in Paris. I expected to look out the window and see the Eifel Tower across the way. The music is soothing, the decorations add to the effect and the owners are amazing.
A side bar on the owners, they are beyond friendly, they treat you as if they have known you for years. They are sure to remember your name and your order so that when you come back you are greeted with a warm smile and a friendly hello. No matter how busy they are they will always take the time to come and have a nice little chat with you to catch up. On a nice summer day, they will entice you with a new flavor of Gelato that just completes your stay.
The waitstaff are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and like the owners, strive to remember your name, order and where you like to sit.
Since I started going there, they have transitioned from Gelato, to Breakfast, to Lunch and now finally an all-inclusive dinner.
If I could have every single meal of the day at Hotel Gelato, I would die a happy woman.
I encourage all of you who have wondered if they should try it or have walked past it and looked in with curiosity, to take the time and go inside, even if it is for just a quick coffee, you will not be disappointed and will want to stay.

• Visited March 2013