“Great Show” 4 of 5 stars

York Region, Canada
23 attraction reviews
“Great Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was a fantastic show. As always with Cirque the story line is pretty weak, but the overall spectical is incredible. The sense are overwhlemed, and the production values are unreal with this show. For me the best part was the air sculpture, but there is so much to see in this show that you will not be let down. The only negative had nothing to do with the show, but the venue. The seats are very small and you are really wedged in tight. You will make friends with your neighbours quickly.

Visited November 2012

Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Amaluna, for the goddess in you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Amaluna is by far my very best favorite for Cirque du Soleil, with Le Reve coming second and O third. Amaluna is mesmerizing, I did not want the show to stop. Both my daughter and I were in ah! if you have not seen it yet, don't wait till it goes abroad, there is not much to do now anyway, beaches are closed and you cant ski yet! Don't worry if its in a tent, the seats are very comfortable and it is warm in there. I would like to applaud their effort to save water and serve better choices for beverage and food than most shows. For the goddess in you, you must see this show!

Visited April 2012
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“A magical spectacle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We'd always wanted to experience Cirque du Soleil, so on our visit to Toronto we took the opportunity to visit the Grand Chapiteau and see Amaluna. We chose seats two rows from the back, right in the centre. They were perfect and by the looks of it all seats in the house are very good, even though they vary hugely in price. The distance between our seats and those paying double was about 15-20 metres. So don't be afraid of the seats at the back!
The performance itself was quite amazing with excellent music to accompany it. The storyline was loosely based on The Tempest. Some acts were more spectacular than others; while very impressive, others lacked the same visual impact. Overall, the atmosphere and fantasy world created inside the Grand Chapiteau made for a very memorable and enjoyable evening.

Visited October 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“The girls done good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Saw the new Ama Luna cirque show in Montreal whilst over on business it was fab. Seen others such as "O" and Ka, plus a couple on Sky, all brilliant in their own right. The difference this time for me was not the usual aerobatics which you come to expect and marvel at, but the whole package, the artistry, music, and the journey of Prospera daughter into womanhood, so beautiful but so simple a tale. The female band and the lead Celloist (Prospera) were at the top of their game in their profession and it showed on stage and in my memories of it. Hope next year when l am back down Canada way l am lucky enough to see this show again. Go girls!!!!

Visited May 2012
Guelph, Ontario
“I LOVE Cirque, but Amaluna wasn't their best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ok, so I will probably get dissed for this review. My family and I have made several trips to see various Cirque du Soleil shows (Corteo, Ovo, Totem) - my all time favourite is Varekai. I've even traveled to Minneapolis to see a Allegria 3 weeks after seeing Varekai (note to self, don't see their shows that close together, you will be comparing them).

I was really looking forward to Amaluna but it didn't live up to their previous shows. The big thing was how LOUD it was. Kudos to the producers that it was a mostly female cast with an all female band. But an all female band does not mean that you have to have loud, rock music with spot lit guitar "solos" throughout the show. It took away from the wonderful acrobatic performances. In their attempt to be "edgy" they missed the high mark that Cirque has set for themselves.

We found the first part a bit slow - the 2nd half was much better showwise (not loud musicwise). The water performance by the young lead girl was fabulous (I was marveling over her butt muscles and it made me want to go to pilates), and the slow, methodical balance act wit the bones was incredible. Some of the acrobatics wasn't up to the Cirque high level I'm used to but there were other redeeming performances that made up for that.

If you have never seen a Cirque performance then by all means please enjoy, it is an experience that I wouldn't want you to miss just because my family found it not up to the caliber we come to expect. You might want to take some ear plugs if you are sensitive to noise.

Visited October 2012