“Not a Keg I know” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“Not a Keg I know”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Well in Toronto and my host asked where we would like to eat. I love the Keg and. We could not get into the very first Keg we want to this Keg. First off we less of a wait and the service was outstanding. They have set the bar high in Edmonton Alberta. But the shift Manager well I am told to be polite , so I will try. First off he is not in a position he should be and I would think the dishwasher would or could have done a better job. Still being calm and nice, he has people skills on a hammer. So moving on I had my favourite and their best in this field Prime Rib. It came so dry and brought it to his attention and he said well can I get you another, I said no as I did not wish to wait nor be a pain. Now I remember longtime ago I had a cut like this and really know why it was dry as the plate were on fire "hot" means the Manager was not doing his job making sure the food did not sit under the heat so long. After this I thought he would have bought us a drink or take off my dinner as I left half on the plate. Nothing as my host bought and now I am not happy at all. Matter of fact I am so upset that this Peter Manager would even be hired to this company? Maybe he is related to owner?? Boo boo to the Keg for wrong hirer.

Toronto, Canada
“Yonge & Eglinton Keg for the Best Steak!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

For all you steak lovers out there! Yonge and Eglinton Keg Steakhouse and Bar is amazing!
It's my favourite Keg restaurant in Toronto! Located in the heart of midtown, Toronto.

I enjoy the atmosphere (dim lighting - ideal for a romantic evening) and the comfortable booths are always asked for when I dine there. The service is always professional, knowledgable and friendly at this restaurant. The bar lounge gets quite busy on weekends but for the most part you will find a table to dine at. The music is pretty loud in the bar lounge area, so if you want to hear your guest(s) speak, try the dining area instead of sitting at the bar lounge.

I love the KEG steak especially the filet mignon. It's my go-to steakhouse for beef / chicken dishes. The price for a steak is a bit pricy (around $30) but it comes with your choice of garlic mashed potatoes or veggie (asparagus is recommended) / side salad comes before the steak arrives. Yes, the steak is around $30 but it's way cheaper and it is a better steak than what you get from the pretentious upscale and high end downtown steakhouses, where you are usually paying $50 + up for a steak and sometimes they are not even cooked to perfection.
At the Keg, it's always cooked to perfection!

Yes! It's worth the splurge - the steak always tastes delicious and if it's not cooked the way you asked for, they will make sure to take it back and cook it the way you want. The menu has a variety of options whether you are a steak lover, chicken lover, lobster lover, shrimp lover or simply feel like indulging in irresistable appetizers (shrimp cocktail or mushrooms neptune or crab parmesan and spinach dip and good wine. (try, JLohr Red Cabernet Sauvignon - amazing red wine! They offer 6 oz. or 9 oz) Keg bloody caesars are also amazing.

The Keg offers a complimentary bread basket before you meal. Hot and fresh! As much bread as you want.

If you tell them you are celebrating your birthday, they send out a to-die-for huge piece of Billy Miner Pie with a lit birthday candle. Ask for it. Billy Miner Pie is mocha Ice cream on a chocolate crust with hot fudge, caramel and almonds. Scumptiously delicious!

Parking is available on the streets nearby or in the Minto Condo building which is attached to the Keg at Yonge and Eglinton.

To all you steak lovers out there - I recommed dining at this particular Keg Steakhouse and Bar (Yonge and Eglinton location - midtown,Toronto - right below the tall Minto Condo - on the yonge subway line, it's a two minute walk from the Yonge and Eglinton intersection)

Great food, great wine, great service, great atmosphere and great times!

• Visited September 2012