“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The food was good but the service was terrible. We had to wait 35 minutes for the check and reminded our waiter twice while he ignored us. The waiter brought me another glass of wine when I clearly said I didn't want a 2nd glass as I was driving. It was advertised on the menu that they had Keiths Red beer and brought my husband Rickards Red. We were told when we questioned the waiter that they did not have Keiths. Even when the restaurant was almost empty as we were there a long time, we still observed the few tables that were there getting very impatient waiting to be served. I don't think we will be back to this restaurant unfortunately which is sad because it has the potential to be something much better.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Italian food. Great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The meat is smoked on site. The pasta is made fresh daily. There is a wood fired pizza oven. Great friendly, knowledgeable staff. We went for an anniversary dinner and were very happy. Delicious deserts and a good selection of wines.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orillia, Canada
“Special event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our first time at the Crazy Tomato but we plan to visit again. We were guests at a special event (wedding) and were made very welcome by the owners and staff. The food was FANTASTIC , the ambiance cozy, and the service seamless. The food, beef tenderloin, shrimp, pasta was some of the best I have ever tasted. A huge thank you to the owners and staff for making my cousin's wedding so memorable. I only wish we had this restaurant in our neighbourhood. I highly recommend this restaurant for dining but especially for special events!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
toronto,canada
“Don't Go Out Of Your Way...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went to visit a friend last night (5ppl) and this was the "new" local restaurant so we thought lets give it a try. First..we called at 5:00pm asking if we needed reservations for 6-6:30pm & was told NO,NO so when we arrived at 6:15pm we were told 5 min wait which turned into 25 min...Once we were seated we were handed menus right away but we were left sitting for another 15min...trying to get the waiter's attention was hopeless!! we sat there with no offer of water or bread!! I noticed that there was only 3 waiter's (& I think our's was new even though he had a bit of attitude...)who were not only taking orders but clearing tables & setting them,,so a word to the owner's.. on a busy night (or any night) you should have "busboys" on the floor clearing & setting tables & let the waiter's handle the "guest". Once we ordered our dinner & drinks it took another 10 min for the drinks to come to the table & possibly 20min more for the food.. I can't fault the food for it was rather good & presentation was done well..(we had ordered the Salmon, Chicken, 2 pasta dishes,salad) however it was the WORST WORST service we had....they(waiter & owner) where clearing plates as soon as you put down your fork..twice we had to say" I'm not finished"(& i will add that there was not a line up at the door waiting to be seated) & while I was still eating my salad they had already given 2 ppl at out table the dessert menus "WHAT"???? This could be a gem of a restaurant however they need better staff. better serviceice or they will be closed within a year

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“it is worth the visit to the Crazy Tomato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

since I first posted this place october 2012, you can see by the reviews people are very pleased with the "Tomato'..... owner greets diners, ....staff is friendly (as I said before a couple of them just a little too syruppy) but all in all a great dining experience..... food is great and prices reasonable. Only open for dinner 6 days a week, and you can expect a wait...not too long.....it's a small place but the ambience is nice. A better bang for your buck than the expensive Jawny Bakers across the street...give the Tomato a try ..... highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013