“What a perfect meal!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“What a perfect meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

First ones in the restaurant on a Monday night. Ended up packed! Excellent knowledgeable staff lead us through amazing food! Having just eaten in cafe Boulud the night before, this was a totally different experience but both of us would definitely come back!

Visited November 2013

Toronto
“Milk Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Some of you are going to hate me for this review but what the heck. This review is about the glass refrigerator on the second floor of the Momokufu Noodle Bar that contains delightful baked products. The Cornflake Crunch and Compost Cookies are jammed with ingredients one would never imagine in a cookie. But they are wonderful and something special. If you are downtown, stop on by and get one or maybe a few of these delicious creations. I plan on going back even though it is pricey. It is a treat and you are worth it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Went there for lunch during weekend with my husband, the place is half filled which is very common for downtown area. We have ordered Momofuku Ramen is so delicious one hot soup noodles, Chef Chang famous Pork Belly in steamed bun with Hoisin Sauce, Cucumber and Scallion which is very good and the pork is actually melt in the mouth and Kimchi Pulled Pork Stew served with rice and that is good too. The atmosphere was good for a comfort food dinning. Will try out the Milk bar next time since I have been to their top floor course dinner with is "Experience"

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Great drink, great cookie, main dishes fell flat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Long story short, come for some drinks; grab some cookies and pass on the main dishes.

I should say that I have been to Asia and grew up in Seattle so my expectations for noodles can be quite high. I ventured to this noodle bar based on recommendations of two of my coworkers relatively early for dinner (6pm) on a Wednesday night.

The restaurant is separated into the restaurant on the ground floor and the bar/momofuku milk on the second floor. The first floor was all reserved but since you can get food in the bar I ended up sitting in the bar (nikai) which was actually somewhat empty and had a laid back vibe.

Service was good and I got a menu and a glass of water immediately. The bartender was also great and the waitress really knowledgeable about the drink list recommending the momoiro sour for someone who likes citrus and not too sweet. The recommendation was great! The drink was sour and citrusy with a great interesting kick of rosemary.

Next I decided to sample the pork buns. while they sounded great on the menu in reality they were way to greasy for my palate. The bun was well done an fluffy but the pork belly was soft, fatty, greasy, and chewy; not my preferred pork. I wish the meat filling had been a bit less fatty and I would have likely really enjoyed the dish.

For a main dish I got the dan dan mein which is spicy pork with peanuts. While much better then the pork buns I would rank this as a solid "fine". It wasn't as spicy as I was hoping and the predominant flavor was just peanut, there weren't the other flavors I love tasting in Asian cuisine to balance the dish out.

What I will absolutely recommend is as you out of the bar on the second level there is a glass enclosed room/case which is momofuku milk. GO INSIDE! You will find cookies of unique description and also what is known as "crack pie". I tried a Cornflake Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookie and a Compost Cookie (also known somewhat as a Monster cookie elsewhere). Both were chewy and delicious!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Modern, expensive, somewhat bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a modern restaurant in the downtown Toronto core. We found the ambiance interesting but very loud. Seemed like a good place for large group gathering. We sat at the kitchen cooking bar, and could see details of the food preparation.
We've tried several appetizers and ramen noodles. The pork bun (which seems to be their signature dish) is tasty and somewhat greasy. We found the noodles OK, but the soup was rather bland, as the soup stock were prepared in large batches (you can see it as they prepared it).
Overall, we found it quite expensive compared to other ramen restaurants.

• Visited September 2013