“Best spa in the city. Pure luxury without the pretension.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 68 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: An exotic oasis tucked away in the luxurious surroundings of the Shangri-la hotel in Toronto. Experience a voyage inspired from the ancient rituals of the Middle East to the vineyards of Bordeaux. Old world traditions, introduced into the new world. This will be your Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris journey.
Toronto, Canada
“Best spa in the city. Pure luxury without the pretension.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I usually don’t write reviews but when you find a gem like the Miraj Hammam Spa at the Shangri La Hotel, you have to spread the word! This place is the epitome of luxury. Here’s why:

Their signature hammam steam room is a wonderful way to get into the “zone” before another service like a massage or facial. Most spas only have a steam room or sauna but the “hammam” is a different experience entirely. It’s a high intensity steam room that’s intended to cleanse and de-stress. I’ve done it a few times and can attest to the fact that it definitely does just that. They have 2 private steam rooms to cater to different needs. A small one for personal use (or a couples retreat!) and a larger one that’s perfect for bigger groups.

The standout part of the manicure and pedicure for me is definitely the black Moroccan soap scrub and exfoliation. It’s infused with eucalyptus so it smells exquisite and leaves your skin feeling super soft. The facials are equally fantastic. The best facials I’ve ever had have always been from the ladies at Miraj Hammam – they’re incredibly skilled and they use the exceptional Caudalie Paris products which are divine. Seriously – you won’t get a better facial anywhere else. They’re amazing.

The atmosphere is one of my favourite things about this place. They’ve gone for the whole “Moroccan” thing, and they’ve done it quite well. Dim lighting and marble abound, just setting foot in this place makes you feel relaxed and pampered. The lounge is the perfect oasis to unwind after your treatment. It’s made up of cozy cabanas full of plush pillows and blankets and is the perfect place to bask in that warm and ‘glowey’ high you get after a massage or facial (you know the one I mean!). In keeping with their whole Middle Eastern theme, while you’re relaxing after your treatment, the spa girls serve you Moroccan style tea and Baklava. Yes, Baklava. Honestly, could you think of anything better after being pampered during a massage or a facial? Well done ladies. Well done.

A luxury spa would be nothing without luxury service and these guys have it nailed. Though not at all pretentious, the staff pampers you through your entire visit. They know exactly how to make you feel welcome and comfortable and they certainly spare no luxury.

I know most reviews should have a “the only bad thing was….” part, but I really don’t have a single negative thing to say. All my visits to the Miraj Hammam Spa have been perfection. This place is hands down my fave spa in the city (and I’ve been to many. Too many maybe!) If you haven’t gone, you need to immediately! You won’t regret it. But you will be heartbroken when it’s over.

Visited December 2013

Toronto
4 attraction reviews
“Almost perfection with few amenities issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Let's start with the positives or rather, the big positives. Service at Miraj Hammam Spa is impeccable. The individual attention / facility tour was provided attentively throughout. The spa staff member waited right outside the change room to ensure that I'd be where I need to be. The spa staff was at the highest level of courtesy and I would rate it at 10/10.

The massage quality was very good as well. I booked the 90 minutes hot stone massage and the pressure / technique employed was excellent. Throughout the massage, I experienced few techniques that I have not seen / encountered before and kudos for that. The therapist was very attentive and asked me if I am comfortable with pressure / how I feel at all times. 9/10.

Now - this is where the imperfections are with Miraj Hamma Spa.

Facilities / Amenities: The spa is separated from the pool / steam room / sauna - in a sense, I had to literally walk across Spa lobby (Which is fine), infront of elevator (okay...), and finally sign on fitness centre visitors sheet (what?), walk across fitness centre (... not acceptable) to get into male changeroom before finally getting on to the steam room. This is an absolute inconvenience that I would not expect to encounter at Miraj Hammam Spa to do as simple thing as getting to the steam room. Of course, an option to use the Hammam steam room is available at $25 for 15 minutes which I found to be over the top.

Lounge: The lounge at Miraj Hammam Spa is somewhat lacking with only water and magazines. Unlike in Ritz Carlton Spa, no tea / light snack is provided. The room is dimly lit and quiet small.

Overall, for the amount of money you will be spending at the facility, you would expect perfection and nothing less. Although the service was excellent and near perfect, I still could not get over the fact that the spa in this class does not have direct access to steam room and only to paid by use steam room.

Visited November 2013
Toronto
“Middle East Hammam Meets Bordeaux”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Being a frequent traveller around the world, visiting spas have become a part of my lifestyle. From Thailand to Istanbul, I am so proud to finally say that we have a world class spa in our own city. The Miraj Hammam spa is an impeccible, outstanding place. It provides a safe haven to relax, think about life while having the opporturnity to be pampered by the very best staff in TO. Each time I have visited this gem of a spa, I am transported back to the middle east where some of the best Hammams are in the world. The product Caudalie is top of the line and I have been a loyal follower of this line for a few years noticing great results.

The ambiane is gorgeous, just the right touches in all the right spots. One is immediately transported to HEAVEN. The Hammam/Gommage and clay body masque and Vinoperfect Facial treatment by Olga and hot stone massage by Ali are out of this world. If one is looking for a unique spa, one must try this spa out...you will be missing a "MUST DO" in TO.

Finally I would like to thank Daryll Naidu and his management/service team for being able to anticipate my every need and concerns. Constructive feedback was provided and was immediately looked after. This is my second home when away from home in TO. Thank you for finally giving TO something to be proud about!

Visited November 2013
8 attraction reviews
“Indulge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

A gorgeous place to rest your weary feet, catch up with the girls or cuddle up to your love. The decor is dark and warm and soothing. There are staff at every turn to make sure you have everything you need.

Try the hammam and gommage for sure! Swedish massages on their linens from heaven are relaxing!

Oakville, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“A Taste of Morocco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing day this is the place.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating . The only thing I found disappointing was the Gommage treatment. I have experienced a traditional Hammam and gommage in Morocco and rally thought this would be the same. It was almost as good but lacked the applying of the Argan oil after the treatment. I was let down, as this is the finishing touch to having your skin feel like silk. I am not sure I would return for the same treatment but liked the staff and atmosphere to return to try another treatment.

Visited October 2013