“Hidden treasure in Toronto” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Munich, Germany
“Hidden treasure in Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

While the area the restaurant in located is definitely not the best and we would most likely have walked by this restaurant if not for the great reviews and photos on TA, we have been so so glad that we chose this place for dinner. We eat at restaurants quite regularly and this was definitely one of the best spots we've been in Toronto. The chef and the waitress have been extremely nice and helpful. We could watch while our food was prepared and as a food lover and passionate cook, I can say that the name of the restaurant is not overpromising. All dishes have been prepared fresh with good ingredients. And that's how the food tasted. It was delicious and lovely arranged.
Please don't get scared off by the first look and try this place. It's definitely worth it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Surrey
“Good food and super presentation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Good value at $25 for three inventive courses. The food was all very tasty and was beautifully presented. The chef and his wife were charming and made sure we had everything we needed. Definitely worth a try.

Visited August 2013
“Phenomenal food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This was one if the best meals I have ever had. It was a three course gourmet feast for $25! And the portions were very generous. I came expecting a healthy tasty meal but what I got was a healthy gourmet first class feast. I had the tempura shrimp, veal scallopini and pomegranate dessert. You get to watch the chefs make the food and then after we ate the chef came to ask us how it was. I cannot say enough good things about this place. I wish they would niceties Calgary where I live so I could eat there every week. Simply put this tiny restaurant is phenomenal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Catharines
“Incredible quality for a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place is really near to where I work. After a while eating at the same places it can be a drag, so I tried it out when it opened up and was SHOCKED (in a good way). The quality and variety of food, given the modest price tag, was astounding. If you're local, try it and compare it to the surrounding restaurants. The size of portions relative to the price is also great. It seems to me that this place is more honest in valuing the cost of food and the cost of the service provided, when compared to other restaurants who mark up the price on so/so food of so/so portion size.

I don't really care to pay for "atmosphere" at restaurants, which this place does not have... I'm there for the food. So I'm really impressed with this place and will return again (and again).

Cudos to the chef!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious fresh healthy food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I had the $15 lunch special. The kale salad was of high quality, as was the stuffed chicken breast. Very tasty, with nice fresh veggies. Excellent value! Highly recommended, and I will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere