“Never acknowledged after sitting 30 minutes” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #943 of 6,548 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Irish
Detroit, Michigan
“Never acknowledged after sitting 30 minutes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'd love to review Fionn MacCool's food, but we never saw it... We stopped here after the Tigers/Blue Jays game on 7/1, and the wait staff/hostess were obviously engrossed in their own conversation (the place was about half full). After I said "Excuse me, should we just seat ourselves?" (we had been standing at the desk 5 minutes with no one in front of us. I know 5 minutes doesn't seem like very long, but try standing at a hostess station with everyone in the place looking at you...5 minutes is excruciating) Anyway, it was almost like they had to draw straws to see who would seat us. Tall, nice looking blonde must have lost, as she led us to a table about as far back into the restaurant as you could get (and not be in the office building it's attached to) and didn't say a word. No "Steve will be right with you" or "can I get you started with some drinks?" or anything. She tossed the menus on the table and left. So, we waited...and waited...and waited. I timed it this time; 30 minutes. At about the 20 minute mark, my wife flagged someone down and asked who our server would be. He said he didn't know, but would go check. Never saw him again after he disappeared in the kitchen.
We were starving, so we got up and left. Too many good places in Toronto to waste our time on this TGI Friday's ripoff. I'll buy a $10 beer someplace I know will appreciate it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Nice Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a fun Irish pub experience in Toronto. Excellent outdoor seating area with live music, tasty burgers/fries and decent Guinness!

Visited June 2013
Sydney
“Cool MacCool's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's hard to eat healthy in Toronto but this was pretty good and good value. Service great. Recommended.

Visited May 2013
“Very friendly neighbourhood spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This pub is in my neighbourhood - great spot for an easy drink and some good food. Fish and chips were awesome. Beet salad was super fresh. Katie was very friendly and attentive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere