“Worth a Visit but dont go out of your way” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Toronto
“Worth a Visit but dont go out of your way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Big side patio pulled us in , but we decided to sit inside, not a busy night inside.

Ok so the menu was pretty standard but we found stuff we could eat, service a little slow. Servers didnt know about the beers they were serving.. and strangely no red beer on tap...had a flat pint of Mill St organic, yuk. Food came out eventually ( I got served the wrong item but that was quickly rectified ) and wasnt too bad. I tried another beer , more hoppy with taste..( Barking Squirrel maybe?)

Would go back if I was in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
New York City, New York
“a much needed respite from King West madness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

liked: the pub-y feeling, the big patio, the cold beer

disliked: the lack luster menu, the pained service

Will continue to go back, but definitely dont expect too much on the service/food side.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Fun casual place, our server was really bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The food is excellent although the service could use some work. I went with a few friends for a casual night. We wanted something easy as we were mainly going for drinks (not for lunch/dinner)

This was mostly a negative experience. Receiving our drinks after ordering them took a very long time and the water we initially asked for didn't come until an hour after we asked for it -from a different waitress. The food was delicious although it all came at different times which would have been unpleasant if we were there mainly for the food. I had the fried brie and devoured it.

We stayed for a few hours with some friends coming and going and our server transferred the bill over to someone else as she was going home. When we received the bill at the end of our night, a number of items that had been paid for from friends that had left were on there. Our new server contacted our old server and sorted it out, but I feel like these kinds of mistakes should not happen.

I've been to Bar Wellington numerous times and the service was been excellent some, and poor others. The server that took over this night was excellent, attentive and helpful.

Overall, food is great/service is so-so.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fun little corner bar and restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was close to our hotel, The Thompson, only a block away. The food and drink was good. Service was great. Really friendly and fun. Good burgers and salads well priced.

Visited June 2013
Toronto
“My favourite pub in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We love, love this pub. Why? The staff, the food, the atmosphere. Customer service is ace. Do I need to say more? My husband and I usually go once a week. A couple of months ago we made reservations and requested our favourite table, unfortunately when we arrived the table was occupied so we were seated at another table. We mentioned it to our waitress and she said as soon as the table becomes available she will seat us, not only did she live up to her word, but she took off the corkage fee (yes you read that correctly, Saturday night the corkage fee is ONLY $5.00, why would you go for dinner anywhere else), and my husband's first beer was free. We keep saying we should go to other restaurants or pubs in the city, but why fight with perfection?? And this pub is it. I also have to mention one time their weekly special was a lasagne, and it was the best lasagne we have ever had, sad to say we haven't seen it on their menu since, can you please make it a regular dish on your menu?

• Visited June 2013