“Good Filipino Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South West Corner of Donmills
Transit: Near TTC
Description: The Philippine Islands...an archipelago of over 7,100 islands, abundant in natural resources, endowed with a variety of seafood, tropical flora and fauna. Combine these with the Filipinos vibrant history of Malay-Polynesian origin which evolved through barter trade with China, the Middle East, India and South East Asia. Add the long-standing Spanish and temporary American colonization. Blend these with the inherent Filipino traits of hospitality, curiosity and creativity; and you have something out of the ordinary, diverse, exotic and authentically fusion cuisine. At CASA manila, we celebrate Festive Filipino Flavour by offering a refreshing assortment prepared the fresh and healthy way; No MSG added, lower salt and oil, fresh meat - seafood - vegetables served straight from the kawali as it's ready.
Moncton, Canada
“Good Filipino Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant offers authentic Filipino food. The dishes we had were tasty, but a bit salty. The prices are quite reasonable and the service is friendly, but a bit unorganized. The location is a bit inconvenient, unless travelling by car. Filipino restaurants are much less common than restaurants of other culinary traditions, so I imagine this is likely one of the better ones in the GTA.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buffalo, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Visited this restaurant today. It was the first time ever trying this type of cuisine. The staff were extremely helpful in recommending dishes and the food was excellent. It was fresh, healthy and very tasty. The spicy fish was exceptional. Would recommend it to anybody looking for something different and will definitely be returning. Really happy that we gave the place a try. Can't wait to sample other menu choices!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
354Triplover, Owner at Casa Manila, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you Tracy. We will continue to do our best to satisfy you.
Mississauga, Canada
“Disappointed with food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Ordered Manila chicken curry. Found it odd that hot peppers, green and red peppers were NOT cooked with meal, they were just chopped up and added, and not many of them. Also was supposed to have carrots, we're none and only 4 peas.

The worst offense though was the boneless chicken, there were full bones, small bones everywhere. Flavor was good and service was good. The ginger green tea did not taste good at all. I guess I have been spoiled eating so much good Thai lately?

Oh, music was terrible.

Maybe an off night but I wanted boneless chicken and veggies, and did not get it as advertised

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hello,
Thank you for your review. The chicken curry you tasted at our restaurant is cooked the traditional Filipino way and that is with bones. Our menu photo clearly shows this dish with bones and is not indicating on the description that this dish is boneless. If you note the next chicken item listed under the Chicken Curry, Chicken Inasal indicates this particular dish as boneless. In regards to the red and green peppers not being cooked with curry, this is true because we are garnishing (topping) the peppers for taste and colour. I decided not to cook the peppers with our coconut curry sauce because it tends to change the taste and adds a watering texture. I want to maintain the thick creamy textureof our premium coconut milk and the distinct tasty flavour you noted. Thai curry is a different recipe from our Manila Chicken Curry. Both are good and is a matter of preference. Hope this explanation helps.
Next time please let us know your concern and special taste preference while at the restaurant so we have an opportunity to guide, explain and rectify if necessary. We stand behind our quality and customer satisfaction policy.
Ottawa, Canada
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

It was my first visit at CASA MANILA RESTAURANT. We had a good time, food is excellent, staff were friendly. Very reasonable price. I love this Resaturant, because the owner is also connecting with us, she's so polite, friendly and nice to everyone. I never saw an owner the way she connects with her customers. Well done,..too bad, I forgot to ask her name. But she's awesome. If you are looking for a Filipino Cuisine, go to CASA MANILA.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
354Triplover, Owner at Casa Manila, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you so much Lito. My name is Mila and I was the person who spoke with you. I appreciate your comment and encourages me to say hello to our customers when ever possible. I oversee the food quality control and menu planning and therefore I am often in the kitchen. I believe the best service to you and our clientele is the maintenance of the quality and selection of the food at our CASA manila. As you probably noted we have the most extensive selection in Filipino food in the whole city so this keeps me in the back often although I am glad we met.Please next time, ask for me and I would love to meet you again.
Ottawa, Canada
“Celebration Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went with a family group of six persons to Casa Manila for a birthday celebration dinner on a Friday evening in September. Our challenge that evening was to accommodate a gluten allergy and a tomato allergy in our group. We encountered great difficulty trying to select sharing items for the group given the allergy restriction. Unfortunately, our waitress was not able to be proactive in aiding us with our selections.

Our eventual dinner selections turned out to be good choices. Among the highlights were the squid from the appetizer menu, the beef spare ribs, the chicken in a spicy peanut gravy, and the noodles with chicken and shrimp. We ordered desserts and coffee and had to wait a very long time for the coffee. We were very disappointed with the service in the restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
354Triplover, Owner at Casa Manila, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about the server's inability to answer which items are gluten free on our menu. Although 6 months ago I had posted on our staff communication board the definition of gluten foods, it is apparent I need to take this a step further. I have made a list of CASA manila's menu items which contain gluten which has been posted today. As to the slow service on your desserts, I have alerted management to try to rectify if possible.Sometimes the sheer volume of customers can slow down the services especially on weekends. I am glad however, you were happy with the main entrees you had ordered. Hope you will visit us again soon.