“TIFF BELL LIGHTBOX - SHAKEN NOT STIRRED - NOT JUST FILMS!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 250 Attractions in Toronto
toronto
13 attraction reviews
“TIFF BELL LIGHTBOX - SHAKEN NOT STIRRED - NOT JUST FILMS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were invited to dine at LUMA, Tiff Bell Lightbox, last minute by friends who had gone to the James Bond exhibits and had the LUMA's dinning gift certificates. The Lightbox was sparklingly glittered and the whole place was just energetically jumping and vibrating. To our disappointment, the LUMA was fully booked but the Lounge was available to dine in. We were warmly welcomed and our endearing server took our 'James Bond' theme cocktails and recommended me the non-alcoholic 'Miss Moneypenny' - they were simply 'Delicious, Shaken not stirred'! We had the 'menu';skillfully crafted by Jason Bangerter, executive chef of the Oliver Bonacini restaurants fame and the food was just 'Divine, Live and Let Die'!!
So glad that 'Tomorrow Never Dies', we'll definitely be back!!!!

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Tim Burton Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I attended the Tim Burton exhibit with my niece and is was amazing! We attended all the extra activities as well and had co much fun. Great experience for us both. In 2012 I attended the Grace Kelly exhibit, and learned so much about her and her life. This is a great facility that offers more than expected. Thank you!!

Toronto
9 attraction reviews
“I've been here a few times for exhibits and it's not bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I saw the Grace Kelly and James Bond exhibits here and I like the atmosphere and layout of the building. Lines for ticket pick-up are never too long (of course, it depends when you go), there's coat check ($2), and it's a good size for a small/medium exhibit. I do, however, have a problem with crowd control inside exhibits. They have predetermined times for groups to avoid congestion, but at nearly every artifact, there were four to five people craning their necks to read the tiny plaques. More guests, more money, it's a business, I got it, but it's not a good experience when you have to wait in line to move from piece to piece. The only place to eat is at Canteen, but good luck getting a seat and I've eaten at a good number of the small restaurants right across the street, but I can't say I've enjoyed one of them.

Toronto
76 attraction reviews
“James Bond Exhibit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was my first experience at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. It turned out to be a wonderful evening that I shared with my son as we went back through the years of James Bond. It was a great exhibit on our favorite spy. Although many of the props did look like toys, there was so much magic around the exhibit. I visited at the end of the show's run in Toronto, however if it moves to an new venue, I would encourage anyone interested in Mr Bond should stop by and see how they created this marvelous icon of cinema.

Boston, MA
16 attraction reviews
“TIFF is a blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Whst a great event. Love TIFF and all the venues have their pluses including Bell Lighthouse don't let lines and the somewhat pricey ticket get you down. It's an event and a good cause..