“Got a deal on Teambuy.ca” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn City Centre

You added Comfort Inn City Centre to your Saves list
Comfort Inn City Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   321 Jarvis Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2C2, Canada (Formerly Ambassador Hotel Toronto) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #89 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Got a deal on Teambuy.ca”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in early March, and it started off on a good note. We got a deal on teambuy.ca, and it was good considering it was downtown, was for any day of the week (sometimes these deals are just for Sunday-Thursday), and included breakfast. We checked in before the check-in time, and were given two rooms of choice. Desk clerk just said the room numbers - one being on second floor, and the other on the fourth. We decided to go with the 4th floor, since it is the last floor of the building. Before our stay, had read some reviews online that advised to get a room on the higher floor (less noisy than other floors, since it is higher up away from traffic noise).

When we got to our door, I noticed the peep hole was extremely low. Room was clean, floors are a little slanted (noticed someone commented on this as well here on tripadvisor, and had read about it before our trip). Our bathroom had no counter space - I had then thought to myself and mentioned to my boyfriend that I think we had a wheelchair accessible room. We didn't think much of it, and thought perhaps all the rooms bathrooms were like that. So, we didn't mind the peep hole being low - however, it was a little inconvenient for me, when I needed to see who was at the door. It was only after our trip, I checked online pictures and turns out we were in fact given the wheelchair accessible room. Bathroom pictures have plenty of counter space. Our bathroom did not have counter space at all - this made our stay very frustrating. It was just the sink, and a very small shelf by the opposite end of the toilet - so I had to keep our toiletries in our bags or some in the bedroom. This made getting ready a little frustrating, also considering the room is not too big to begin with. I am greatly disappointed that we were not mentioned this.The clerk should have said something like, "room on 4th floor is wheelchair accessible, so wanted to notify you that the bathroom does not have counter space" or something rather.

The breakfast was mediocre - I decided to have the cereal, toast with cream cheese, sausage (although, didn't taste great), orange juice and coffee. I did not see yogurt, bacon, boiled eggs, or waffles as I see what reviewer wrote. Still good that breakfast was included though. We went about over an hour before closing - don't know if the boiled eggs and bacon go by fast? I am just glad that I got the deal on teambuy for $60 rather than paying retail.
I read reviews here that elevator was exceptionally slow, so we never took the elevator. Was never able to connect to internet from my blackberry. Perhaps it was my phone, but my boyfriend who has a android was unable to as well. Room included TV, microwave, and fridge - which made it good to have snacks on hand.

I have already sent two separate emails, but have not heard back from hotel. Not only am I disappointed with my stay - but this is unprofessional to not hear back from hotel in regards to my emails.This review is rated as "poor" and would have been a little more positive if the hotel had contacted me back. I had decided to wait before writing this review.

I might stay again if Teambuy.ca has another deal.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bolton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I bought this on a deal as we were going to the Keg Mansion on the same street so we could stay over.I was really impressed with the excellent customer service at the front desk. Kathleen and Rene were both so friendly and helpful. When we were leaving Rene was so pleasant and made you feel they appreciated your business. Kathleen was helpful with parking, and was ready to answer any questions about the area. Kudo to these employees-they know customer service! The hotel is small about four stories, but very quaint. Everything was brand new, clean and comfortable. The rooms, although not huge were perfect to spend the night. Fridge, large tv, clean new bathroom and a comfortable bed. I have read the elevators are slow, which is true but why would you take it when it takes 10 seconds to take the stairs (we were on third floor). This included breakfast-bacon, boiled eggs, waffles, toast, cereal,muffins, yogurt, juice,coffee-it was perfect, you wont starve. The location was excellent, and although I did not pay full price, I would if I go down there again.! Parking is close and is 20.00 overnight in a secure location. Just pull up to the front, put your stuff in the room and then walk a few feet away to parking. This is near Eaton Centre,,St. Lawrence Market, etc. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

As part of a trip from England, I decided to visit Toronto for a few days before heading to niagara falls and New York. This hotel provided exactly what I needed. A good location, a decent room, and lovely front desk staff. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

You get more than what you pay for.

I spend $60 for 2 nights. I think it was a very good deal

+ Nice staff
+ Internet (slow but usable)
+ Clean rooms and bathroom
+ Good location
+ Breakfast (more like coffee and pastries)

- No parking
- The slowest elevator I've ever used

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
sudbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The only thing pleasent about this hotel was that the rooms were clean...and that it was a few blacks from young street.
Here are a list of things( because I dont know how else to put it) that I did not like about the hotel or had bad experiences with...
1. no parking ...the area where you can pull in to drop off your bags only fits your car and you have to back out as their is only one entrance.
2. Our room was tiny! And located beside the stairs and elevator( which were really loud). When I asked if they had any larger rooms I was rudely told that they were all the same size etc.
3. It took 15 min each time we turned on the taps to get hot water. The internet did not work for 2 days.
4. Horrible customer service!! The front desk staff told us that she didnt care the internet wasnt working...and that we should have waited to see if the hot water would turn on before calling down.
5. after complaining we were given keys (rudely) to a new one...which surprise was wayy bigger then what we had (note we were told they didnt have larger rooms).
6. The hotel was old....slanted floors...small spaces...broken amenities..front door was broken for 2 days.
7. Staff seemed very bothered by even the simplest requests and were not proffessional at all.
I could go on but generally these were the main issues.
I work in a hotel and know how we go above and beyond for our guests despite how it can be unreasonable....this hotel was definately a bad experience.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the staircase ( the doors slam shut)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I usually never book anything at the comfort inn but I needed a cheap hotel room. I didn't even know I 'arrived ' because there is no sign outside to let you know it's the comfort inn. It looks like an office building. The positive is that it's not far from great attractions like the CN tower where I had dinner. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was very nice and clean. The inside doesn't look like a comfort inn more like a soho boutique hotel . The staff was very nice and answered all of my questions I would stay here again if needed. I would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed February 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a pretty small hotel that opened less than half a year ago so everything in the room was in excellent condition as expected. The room and washroom looked great and better than any other Comfort Inn I've stayed at. Though the room wasn't the most spacious, it made good use of the space. There is a small dining table and kitchenette, with the microwave and mini fridge located under the TV. The closet was extremely small (and hidden) but it was enough for a one night stay. There is also an iron and ironing board. The one issue I had with the room is not exactly an easy fix - the room was very noticeably tilted (higher towards the window) in the room as well as the bathroom. There were times when I lost my balance as a direct result of the tilt. I even used a "level" app and confirmed that I wasn't just imagining things. Another thing to note is that the elevator is very VERY slow. I timed it and it took about 1 minute and 10 seconds to go from the 1st floor to the 4th. The free internet worked flawlessly and connection speed was fast. There was also free continental breakfast but unfortunately I had to check out before the breakfast began.

Everyone I encountered at the front desk was friendly and contributed to my positive experience at the hotel. I had booked my stay using a TeamBuy coupon and I got an excellent rate; for that price, I doubt I can find another downtown hotel for the same value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn City Centre? Share your experiences!