“Wow. The horses we too notch but the staff needed training.” 1 of 5 stars

Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Wow. The horses we too notch but the staff needed training.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We went here yesterday. August 23, 13. We went with the intentions of having an amazing time. We upgraded our seats to the front row. First problem. Mixing small children (age 3/4/5) with adults who are there for a good time. Nothing worse than some unparented, hopped up on sugar, snot nosed little child with a glow in the dark sword who seemed to thrive off the negative energy of the battle to the death, to scare ya. After 5-15 times of this brat hitting my friend I grabbed the sword and kindly asked him to stop. After that he did stop. Our wench was Candice. She was okay. Seemed very very fake and I feel it was almost demoralizing the way she acted. I'd walk by someone on the street if they were that desperate. The horses are well cared for, well trained and were the only part of the show that was amazing. They knew their role, it is a shame that very few of the riders actually had a decent seat and could ride well.
Upon leaving we realized y cell phone was left at our table. We had just spent 339.00 for a collectors sword and shield for my son and felt we needed to go back into the eating area to retrieve it. My son was escorted back there and as expected it was not there. So I asked if it were possible to speak to our wench. Upon which time the "manager" ( and I say this phrase very loosely because I doubt this person should have even been given a job never mind a title), Explained to me that it was unnecessary to speak with our wench because she was the manager and all items would be brought to her. The situation escalated when she said ( Rudely, unprofessionally and with all the crank she could muster ) it was her fault that I lost my phone. Now up until that point I really was worried. It was dead, locked and I had apple warranty for its replacement. What made me mad was the manner in which she dealt with it. I asked to then be taken to we manager. Have him my information. Thanked Earl and was on my way. Meghan was the snot nosed little blond who was rude and ineffective in the job she was power tripping over and once I am home and replace my phone I am going to make it a mission to repay her generosity.

Go have fun. Watch out for the wenchs and enjoy the show for what it is. Cheap food, cheap staff, poor riders BUT beautifully artistic equines!!!

Visited September 2012

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tallahassee
44 attraction reviews
“So much fun, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I will split my review into two different parts.

First is the show itself. The show is VERY entertaining, and somewhat lively. The crowd plays a big role in how much fun you have, because everyone is screaming and cheering their rider. I personally loved the competition factor and the way the actors were very in character for the most part.

This place is NOT just for kids, adults will have a smashing time also.

Second part of my review is the prices... it's expensive to get in, but the food is worth it. You get massive portions and you really can't complain unless you just don't eat a lot. To me it was worth the money because it takes so much to train the people, animals and clean the arena once people are done, so I see value in going.

The only thing I did not like was (ignorantly) ordering two beer in souvenir steins and a regular mixed drink and paying 54 dollars for it. At first I thought the wench was just jesting (yes they don't mind if you call them wench) but nope, 54 dollars for 3 drinks.

All in all, I would recommend this for a first timer, but I would probably never go again, unless their prices dropped.

PS - THE ONLY REASON I AM GIVING IT 4 STARS INSTEAD OF 5 IS BECAUSE OF THE PRICE. Also, get there early.

Visited August 2013
Shelburne
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic family night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food, entertainment and the kids loved it. They always have several specials and there is always something new. Still a little pricey.

Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“So much fun, but probably a once of experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am from Sydney, and we don't have anything like this here, so knowing there was a Medieval Dinner during our travels at Toronto, I made sure I made a booking a boy was this so much fun!

Yes, it is very family friendly, so not sure if my inner child came out, but me and hubby had such a ball. From the "gimicky" but charming hosts, the novelty dinner and ye old language spoken. Plus the actual show was great, the horses were amazing, the knights were dashing and I was yelling for my knight on the top of my lungs and waiving my flag proudly. The food is decent for the price and the fact that they mass produce the same meals every show they do a good job.

I will probably never go to one of these again, but glad we went and it will always be held as a fun and memorable evening.

Visited June 2013
Ontario's Near North, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Very entertaining, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We booked one of the more expensive packages that included front row seating so the kids had a good view...it was expensive but worth the experience.
Parking wasn't bad-close enough and average price for Toronto.
Getting in was the most painful part of the whole night; waiting in line to get in to the building, then it was unorganized and almost chaotic to get through the doors to obtain our tickets, and then more lineups and waiting.
The beverages available before the show, and the souvenirs were pricey, but that was to be expected.
The food was good-I got the vegetarian option, and the others in our party had the regular meal; everyone seemed to like it...mine was a little bland, but still enjoyable...good portion sizes.
The show was very entertaining; the entertainers and their horses work very hard, and deserve a pat on the back for their energy and enthusiasm. As do the food and beverage servers; they are carrying very heavy, awkward trays and moving quickly to keep everyone topped up, and they did so with smiles on their faces, and were very friendly, always happy to help.
It was something we'd always wanted to do but never got around to doing it...glad we went!

Visited June 2013