“Convenient to Eaton Centre” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre

You added Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre to your Saves list
Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1V8 , Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #44 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“Convenient to Eaton Centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Having the full sized fridge, microwave and stove came in handy for late night snacking...no need to throw out all the doggy bags from all the restaurants we ate at. Room was very spacious but the bathroom was a bit dim. Need better lighting. The laundry machine is very loud! So don't do laundry at night. Heard the ambulances throughout the night.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room don't face the Massi Theater/hospital.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hello HockeyMummy, Thank you for taking the time to write a review your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the spacious We strive for great service and positive experiences and to have you share your experience at the Pantages is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming on your next trip to Toronto. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at Pantages on Saturday night for the spa and stay package. Overall I had a good stay, but wanted to comment on some of the short-falls on the hotel. Firstly, the spa was incredible- I highly recommend it to anyone. The room, however, did not meet my expectations for the price that we paid. I've stayed in much nicer hotels in Toronto for much less than what we paid. We paid $275 for room that included a $100 spa credit (paid an extra $220 for the couples spa package) with an over all price of $495. In my opinion, that is a lot of money which in turn I would expect only the highest quality room. The rooms are in desperate need of renovations, the decor is very nice but the floors/walls/bathrooms as well as the hallway need improvement. I don't usually complain about detail but when I am spending that much money I expect the best. If the room cost around $100 I would not complain about a single thing.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay- the fridge in the room is a nice touch. I really hope that Pantages is in the works of getting some renovations and upgrades done. Until then, please lower your prices for the rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello TrvllOver , Thank you for taking the time to write a review your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your experience in the spa. I apologise that you felt that the room was not to your expectation. We are currently in the process of repainting all our rooms and will be updating all the pillow cases and top sheets on the beds in the next few months. Please call me at the hotel when you are planning your next trip to downtown Toronto. I look forward to welcoming back to the Pantages your next trip to Tor Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel is brutal with outdated interior and terribly stiff beds. Hotwire somehow classified this as a 4star hotel. Toronto clearly has low standards.

Location is good but the rest doesn't redeem itself

• Stayed March 2014
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Hello hmabuchi,I would like to apologize on behalf of the Pantages Hotel for your less than positive experience during your recent stay with us. I will personally check the room you stayed in to ensure the bed is to our standard, as we receive many great comments on how comfortable our beds are. We are in the process of repainting our guest rooms. Again, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at the hotel last week and it was fantastic, rooms and service was royal. Spacious, clean, huge King bed, very welcoming and friendly astophere. Staff were wonderful, especially Pella at the Front desk and the ladies in bar. Will recommend and looking forward to return.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello BDL20, Thank you for taking the time to write a review your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for great service and positive experiences and to have you share your experience at the Pantages is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming on your next trip to Toronto. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Service amazing. Jeff at front desk was super responsive, accommodating, and taking care of everything - really gave me peace of mind feeling like I was fully taken care of from printing to checking bags in storage. Shirley, one of staff helping in our rooms, was amazing - she was clearly on break and we needed an emergency for a team-building exercise and needed shower caps - she willingly took it on right away and delivered exactly what we needed right away. She even CAME BACK to ask if we needed anything for the minibar - she really made us feel like she anticipated our needs. Wond & Rob helping with cabs were phenomenal - in particular, Wond was patient and listened to my questions and responded and shared his amazing service-first customer-first mindset. He taught the importance of professionalism and service first. Rob also made us feel very taken care of asking where we were going etc. Sir keeping fitness centre all clean so early was so warm, friendly, compassionate - really wonderful. Excellent service - highly recommend! Than you whole Pantages team!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello YW, Thank you for your such a great review of our staff and your overall experience during your stay at the Pantages Hotel. We are always striving to do better, and to ensure that each and every guest feels welcome during their stay with us. It is reassuring to know that your experience was such a positive one! Your comments about Rupleltia, Jeff, Wond and Rob have been shared with each of them, additionally they will be recognized on our employee recognition program. We truly hope that the next time you're in Toronto; you will choose to stay with us again! Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General l Manager Pantages Hotel
edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed at the beginning of March at the hotel for a conference. Great location, and value. Service in the bar, was personal and attentive, front desk did a great job in providing me with ACCURATE invoices for my expense report. bed was very comfortable, and comfortable room temperature. suggestion would be for some more high wattage bulb ins the bathroom.look forward to returning!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello smolie ; Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay during the conference you were attending. Thank for the comment on the service in the Martini Bar and the Front Desk. We will look into your suggestion in increasing the wattage of the light in the bathroom.. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at the Pantages hotel for a month -- I stayed there for while my house in Toronto was being repaired (covered by insurance). My room had a kitchen (like a studio, to one side, and ensuite washer and dryer. Pets were also allowed too!! :)

The location is so convenient! It's one short block from the Eaton Center and a stone's throw away from two subway stations. The room I had faced the mall and you could see old City Hall as well. Very fun location.

The sales manager, Jennifer Babbini, was very accommodating, as was Pella at front desk, making my stay a very comfortable and enjoyable one!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a pet-friendly hotel downtown and right close to the subway, this is it!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hello Kathy, Thank you for such a wonderful review. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Pantages hotel is very much appreciated. Thank you for sharing your comments about Jennifer and Rupellta . I we will be sure to follow up with each of them and recognize them personally. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto

Been to Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!