I stayed at the Pantages at the end of May 2013 for 9 nights. Overall, I found the hotel to be very good considering the price and the location.
- Great location (right around the corner from Yonge Dundas Square and a 2-3 min walk to the Eaton Centre)
- Separate bedroom and living room
- Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher
- Laminate & Ceramic tile flooring
- Keurig coffee maker
- Alarm clock with iPhone/iPod dock & MP3 player connection
- Comfortable bed
- Friendly staff (front desk staff very helpful; offered to a file for me when I couldn't get the computer in the business centre to work)
- Quick, efficient check-in
- Floor to ceiling windows that open
- No in-room safe (safety deposit box available at front desk, but there should be a safe in the room)
- Only one phone in the entire suite and it's corded (there should be a phone in the bedroom as well, or least make the single phone cordless)
- Somewhat pricey wi-fi ($12/day)
- Furniture in living room and bedroom (except for chairs in living room and bed) need replacement/refurbishment (furniture was covered in a thick layer of chocolate brown paint; not what I would expect to find in a four star hotel)
- Fridge is only "apartment sized" and not full size and made even smaller due to mini-bar taking up the entire bottom of fridge, leaving only veggie crisper, top shelf and in-door storage available.
- Had to have my room key card reprogrammed twice due to it being set to expire prior to my check-out date.
Overall, this is a very good hotel. If you can get it for a good price (~$160/night for a Boutique Suite) go for it. Otherwise you might to look at other hotels in the area before making a decision.
- Also Known As:
- Pantages Hotel Toronto
- Pantages Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of downtown Toronto, Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre offers style and luxury while pairing contemporary design with modern architecture and personalized service. This stylish boutique hotel includes a full service spa, exclusive meetings and events floor, martini bar & lounge with weekly live jazz. Our 90 well appointed suites are loaded with amenities that cater to short and long term stays and leave you wanting for nothing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Amex, Otel, Priceline, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.