“Small things can make the difference for a good hotel stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre

You added Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre to your Saves list
Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1V8 , Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Your Holiday Escape
Ranked #47 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
“Small things can make the difference for a good hotel stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My daughter and I booked a stay at this hotel when coming to Toronto to see a concert. The overall feel was satisfactory the room was spacious and I liked the hardwood floors and tall windows. The bathroom was spacious but somewhat awkward in the set up of the rather large sink and very little counter space for personal items, the bathroom amenities - very small soap, tiny conditioner/shampoo combo left little to be desired. We were happy to find the rooms have Keurig coffee makers since we have one at home, as well as providing a small fridge which we appreciate to put in cold drinks, it was however very disappointing to see the coffee amenities only had coffee whitener for the coffee. The minibar and room offers Evian water, wine and other tempting goodies for their guests, I would think small creamers and milk to go in the already provided fridge would be a nice touch to go with the quality coffee that would be enjoyed by your hotel guests. I decided to go down to the hotel convenience store to get some creamer to put in the fridge and when I went in to ask the girl who was sitting behind the counter if there was any creamer, without getting up just said no there wasn't any and did not offer any other options with nearby stores that I could get some from ........ overall not a bad stay but it wold be nice to see those little difference for the next time we decide to use the hotel. Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
tashie101, Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We hope you had a great time at the concert. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Pantages hotel is very much appreciated.

If there is anything else that would make your future stays even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay.

info@pantageshotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Booked my parents into the hotel to help ease the pain of a nearby hospital visit. Staff were helpful, room was large & bed so comfortable. Nice touch to have the kitchenette. Cool modern vibe & right in the heart of downtown. I wanna stay there next. This time for fun!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Pantages hotel is very much appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My company recently moved me to Toronto, and I had a 2 week GAP from when I moved from Vancouver, to when my movers arrived in Toronto, so I was booked into the Pantages Hotel. The hotel was selected for me due to the location, and the fact that it was a pet friendly hotel. I ended up staying in an “Urban Suite” room.

Pros: Kitchenette was great to have for a 2 week stay, reasonable clean and newer room, friendly staff and valets, good shower pressure, excellent location (across from the Eaton Centre, easy to drive around, etc), lots of food and shopping around, key cards worked the whole time, comfortable bed, good office / desk space.

Cons: Fridge was stocked with bar items (extremely expensive) and took up much of the usable space, the only parking that was offered to me was valet (every day for 2 weeks is extremely expensive), internet would not work about 2 nights of every week, although the walls are soundproof, the hallways are not and this did cause a decent amount of noise, terrible lighting in the washroom (had to get ready in the bedroom every day). Although the rooms have been updated, the hallways have not and are needing an updated.

All in all, the stay was good. The hotel was very flexible with my check out date (as we were not sure when the movers would arrive) and always did their best to accommodate me when I asked for things. I did not use the gym while there, but I was a little disappointed that there was not pool / hot tub.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room at the end of the hallway as the hallway noise can be very loud
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello,

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

"This is your lucky day" I told the hotel manager as he passed through the bar of the Hotel Pantages. It was 8AM. The bar doubles as a breakfast buffet and I was perched on a stool enjoying fresh fruit, smoked salmon, granola and blueberry strudel.
"Why is this my lucky day?"
"You're lucky I'm not in the hotel business. If I was I would already have hired her - pointing at Gabriella, the young woman managing the breakfast buffet - away."
He smiled "I guess we should give her a raise then"

The above actual conversation is my way of illustrating the pleasure I found in interacting with the hotel staff. That's a big deal for me.

It had been a late night. Ron Hynes had returned to a sold out crowd at Hugh's Room and in the process we'd raised over $1,000 for MusiCounts, the charity that funds music programs in schools. A thoroughly uplifting event but when I finally checked into my hotel at 1AM I was beat. No surprises please!

My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. More I didn't need but more I got anyway. Hardwood floors! (Are the pseudo-religions among us aware that Satan lives in hotel room carpets?) Full kitchen (Do people check into down town hotels with their own eggs?) Spacious bathroom and a closet large enough for a meeting of all the independent thinkers in the Conservative Party of Canada (next time I stay here might sub-rent the closet. If there's less than 12 in your party and you have sleeping bags ask for the room of the cost-cutting guy at the front desk. Don't be deterred by their confusion. I travel to Toronto often and will definitely be staying here again so I'm likely checked in. If my closet is already booked you may have to go ahead and get a room of your own. It's well worth the money. Don't skip breakfast - something i never thought I'd say about a hotel! - and don't start sub-letting your closet. That's my gig.)

The one down site was the coffee maker. Don't get me wrong - I'm doing what I do best ,which is quibbling. The Keurig machine was a whole lot better than the typical hotel room coffee maker but as long as the hotel doesn't mind supplying $120 per kilo coffee for their guests wouldn't it be nice to really go over the top and replace it with a Nespresso machine?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello John M.,

Ballston Spa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

There was a room arrangement issue and Vijay at the front desk tried to contact me as best as he can. He was upgraded my room to a suite and offered free Wi-Fi, parking, and breakfast for the inconvenience. It was pretty nice having the washer/dryer, kitchen in the room if I did want to use it. I'd say the location is a pretty good location since I can walk to several places around in downtown and take public transportation.

The downside is Wi-Fi is not free and if you're driving to the area, that will cost you more trying to find parking as an advice to tourists out there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Richard T, Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent stay to the Pantages Hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel and that Vijay was able assist you and provide you with an up graded room. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager
Sturgeon Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Pantages Hotel in downtown Toronto was very comfortable and the staff, regardless of the area ,were helpful, friendly and courteous. The rooms were clean and well appointed with al the amenities you would need on a long or short stay. It is centrally located within walking distance of everything from shopping to entertainment to the financial district.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kevin C, We appreciate you for taking the time to write a great 4star review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. The team takes great pride in making our guests feel at home when visiting the hotel. I will share your comments with the team. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay here. The location is perfect. Having a suite with a full kitchen and washer/dryer was very convenient. The best part of the stay was the martini bar in the lobby. Chloe was the best. She was very friendly and sweet. Offered good advice about the area. And mixed up some wonderful cocktails. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Mattdaddyling , Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent stay to the Pantages Hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Pantages and that you enjoyed the Martini Bar, and found Chloe friendly. Thank you for the recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Been to Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!