“Follow- up on "reserving a room"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre

You added Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre to your Saves list
Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1V8 , Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #44 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Follow- up on "reserving a room"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a follow up on my previous review. So after a rocky start on reserving a room, I arrived at the Pantages and checked in. The service was top notch. I couldn't have asked for a nicer room. It was large, clean and just beautiful. I would definitely stay here again and again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Seema, I appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. The team takes great pride in making our guests feel at home when visiting the hotel. I will share your comments with the team. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future.
Ragnar Pedersen General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Pantages last night following a concert at Massey Hall. Was pleasantly surprised with the room - Fridge, stove, microwave - we didn't need to use them but was a nice touch. The bed was amazingly comfortable, the room was very quiet, especially since we were right across from the hospital emergency entrance, but didn't hear a thing. Lovely rain shower too. We had both dinner and après theatre drinks in the Martini bar on the ground floor - food was very good and they had a nice wine selection. I only had two relatively small issues - Although we had do not disturb sign on our door, housekeeping tried to enter the room in the morning when we were still sleeping. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay and the location so close to the concert hall.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Hello Brontesassy, Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. I apologize that you were disturbed by the housekeeping department in the morning. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and dinner and après drink in the Martini Bar and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near.
General Manger
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was Feb 19th, 2012, I arrived in Toronto very unexpectedly with a family member admitted to St. Mikes...Coming from NS I had no idea where to stay so went online, picked the closest hotel to the hospital, which was the Pantages and I couldn't have been more thankful. Everyone, from the doormen to the front desk to the lovely women you took care of our room, were absolutley exceptional. They were all very kind, supportive, accomodating and always had a smile, which meant so much everytime I returned from the hospital. I spent the better part of a month with this extraordinary group of people, who became my family away from home. All I can say again is thank you to the Pantages staff for the service, the clean and peaceful rooms and for being so kind. I recommend you to everyone I know going to TO and sometime soon I will come back for a visit to see my friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Stephanie, We appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent stay to the Pantages Hotel. I have shared your comments with the team. We take great pride in making our guests feel at home when visiting the hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future.

Ragnar Pedersen,
General Manger
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is lovely and the suites are large and well equipped. My husband and I and 2 granddaughters were there because a member of the family was having surgery at St. Mike's. Mr. Pedersen upgraded up to a suite because the type of room we needed was unavailable. We very much appreciated his kindness during a stressful time. Adam on the front desk as also very kind and always willing to help with questions etc. We were there 2 nights and the second day they came in an changed the pull out couch because the mattress was torn. Our granddaughters were happy with the more comfortable bed.
We would go back. The parking is high $34.00 nite.
GC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Gloria,
I appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. It was a pleasure speaking with you. Please accept my sincere apologies for condition on the sofa bed. We are in the process of having new sofa beds being made for our guest rooms. I have shared your comment about Adam with him and the team. The team takes great pride in making our guests feel at home when visiting the hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

As a former Toronto resident, I knew of the Pantages but never had a firsthand glimpse. We booked 3 nights in an Urban King room with 30% off.
Check in was a mess: we were a bit early (1pm) and asked if we could check in. The friendly women at the front counter told us no rooms were available yet but called the cleaning staff who said they’d call right back. She left on her break but informed her colleague that I was waiting. After 20 minutes of sitting in the lobby waiting for the colleague to update me, I approached the desk to obtain an update. Frankly, he was rude and just repeated that check in was at 3pm. He offered to let us store our bags which was helpful but I let him know that we had many bags to store to ensure he had the room. He then went into another rude tirade saying we could either leave them or wait and that check in was at 3pm. I gave up, returned the rental car and by the time I got back, my partner had been given a room, free wifi for the weekend and vouchers for the spa and restaurant to make up for the delay (from the original woman). I understand that check in is at 3pm but we were simply waiting around because we were expecting a response.

The hotel is centrally located and close walking distance to downtown, Eaton centre and Bloor St area. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby as well as theatres. The bar area had entertainment (very loud) and the drink menu was impressive.

The room is very big and includes a kitchen (with cutlery and crockery), dishwasher, seating, a desk area and a very comfy bed. However, there is so much wasted space and the room is a bit dated and showing its age. The bathroom was small, dated and did not match the look of the room.

It’s a good hotel, minus the check in issues but could use a refresh.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, We appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the rudeness one of the front desk agents. I have followed up with the employee and the manager personally. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay once you were able to go to your room. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The skyline room was very nice...lots of room for me and my friends. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The martini bar had the perfect atmosphere for my friends to sit by the fireplace and drink some delicious martinis. We did have to move a chair closer to the fireplace and the waitress seemed slightly annoyed with us and she was not very happy to be serving us....but who knows everyone can have an off day. We had to use the pull out sofa bed which was very uncomfortable and springy...and had a very sticky blanket to go with. We called for a duvet and the night staff brought us a ripped duvet cover....was not acceptable to sleep with so we told him that and he came back within a few moments with a nice duvet. Over all it was a nice place and I would return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Paul H, Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us at the Pantages Hotel. I will share your kind comments about the front desk the team with the team. Please accept my sincere apologies being given ripped duvet cover and sticky blanket. I will we be follow up with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure the Duvet Cover & Blanket is taken out of circulation permanently. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We found ourselves at this hotel during the worst snow storm in years. My wife had ankle replacement surgery recently and the Pantages was directly across the hospital where we had a follow-up Appointmentwere. There was so much snow that I could not ask my wife (on crutches) to cross the street. The hotel porter, Wund, saved the day by offering to take us in his personal vehicle. We ended up staying an extra day at the hotel. The entire staff was very accommodating and did everything possible to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Great location (across from Massey Hall and 1 block from the Eaton Centre). We enjoyed a number of meals at Fran's (located in the hotel) and were treated like old friends. There is a great lounge at the hotel. Jim

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Jim, Thank you for sharing your feedback abount Wund, we are very proud to have him on our team. We also appreciate your comments regarding the rest of the team and the Martini Bar. We take pride in making our guests feel comfortable during thei stay at Pantages Hotel. I wish your wife a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Been to Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!