My boyfriend and I had been travelling in south america and returned to canada to activate our working holiday visas (we're Irish), the weekend our flight arrived into toronto happened to be an incredibly busy weekend, gay pride, canada day and some other kinda international day (im sorry for not knowing the name). All accomodation was booked up except for this place and we thought we were really lucky but realised after we were wrong. we booked 3 nights at at $ 224 (alot i know but it was a busy weekend and we were desperate). We then phoned the manager and asked for another 3 nights as we were searching for a more permanemt residence, The Manager/Owner told us that this was fine and we would be charged the same rate from when we booked in ..('exact words'). a week later as we had extended our stay further, as we looked for apartments we realised that he had carged our credit card $200 more than the first rate. We rang him immediately and he told us that july was a higher rate than june ... which was completely contrary to what he had said when we first wanted to extend our stay. We were gutted as were on a pretty tight budget and this guy had totally decieved us.
We ended up being charged for $90 plus 21% tax a night instead of $55 even though 'hostel bookers.com' had quoted cheaper for those dates and we were helpless as he had our credit card details. Please do not stay at this place with this guy... and please please do not trust him with your credit card details because you will not know the true charges until its too late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Lawrence Residences & Suites welcomes you to the clean, comfortable, quiet ,homely environment,we are here to serve you and to make your stay comfortable.Services and AmenitiesCommon Amenities and services in the buildingEquipped kitchen shared by guests - Cooking range, Toaster, Electric Kettle, Microwave, Fridge, Pots & Pans Dishes and Cutlery (on Use it Clean it basis) High-Speed internet enabled computer in common area (In room connection available for a small fee) Phone for FREE local calls, in the common area (In room connection available for a small fee) Onsite Coin Laundry Breakfast Nook, (Free Coffee, Tea - help yourself) Mailbox service Fax Service Deep freezer Common Disposal room for the eco-friendly environment Shared bathrooms - with private Showers Iron and Ironing Board Hair Dryer Vacuum Cleaner Pets free environment Amenities in Deluxe Furnished Rooms with shared washroom and kitchenFresh linen and towels provided Soap bars A computer/study desk Color TV in the room Cupboard Microwave and a mini fridge provided in the room Single, Double, Twin, Bunkbed, Quad beds in the room Amenities in Deluxe Furnished Studio Suites - Private Bathroom/ Shower -KitchenetteFresh linen and comforter/blanket Towels and complimentary washroom amenities Air conditioner in every room Love seat or dining table with 2 chairs Fully Functional kitchenette TV with cable Side lamps Clock Radio Pots, Pans, Dishes, and Cutlery Microwave A large 9 cu feet FridgeServices and facilities available for a fee High speed internet connection In room phone facility Photo copy and fax services within the premises VCR Convenient parking (across the road from the property) House keeping service if required ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelBookers, Tingo, Budget Places, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Saint Lawrence Residences & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Lawrence Residences Hotel Toronto
- Saint Lawrence Residences And Suites