My husband and I husband stayed here for one week and it was one of the longest weeks of my life. The first thing that strikes you ins the smell. We could not identify it but it permeated every floor and made me want to gag. We asked to be moved from the first room because it had not been vacuumed and the staff we pleasant about this and moved us and helpful at other times too. Our room was very average with pillow cases that I did not trust enough to put my head on so covered it with clothes. We could not get Wifi in our room but when an in an area you could it was good. The bathrooms were clean enough but I had to ask repeatedly for soap in the toilets and then my husband informed me that they had just taken it from the men's so he had none! There was no smoke alarm in the room and no tea towels in the kitchen.
There does appear to be renovations starting but it must be taking a long time as neither of the rooms we were put in had been touched and the halls of our floor had not been freshly painted.
- Also Known As:
- Global Village Kensington Hotel
- Global Village Kensington Hotel Toronto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Global Village Kensington offers travellers the best value in this beautiful city. Our recently renovated rooms are clean and comfortable and include private doubles and dorm rooms. Each room includes double bed, cable tv, free wireless, balcony and lots of storage space. Great for student and budget travellers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline, Budget Places and HostelBookers so you can book your Global Village Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.