“Do not make my mistake(s)” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Civello's Day Spa

Civello's Day Spa
887 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (The Annex)
416-9249244
Improve this listing
Ranked #184 of 275 Activities in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: The place to go for "urban renewal".
Toronto, Canada
“Do not make my mistake(s)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Honestly the service is shocking - today I was booked in for a cut and colour at 5.45, yet was told my cut was at 7.30 ? My colour takes 60mins max (including application and wash) ! Also i have had other poor service experiences here and I am disappointed that I returned - do not make my mistake(s)

Visited October 2012

Toronto
“Use this SPA if you want to smell like dish cloth”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

887 Yonge street - Civello

If it was not for the great haircuts that me and my mom got on our spa day, I would have given zero stars to this place.

My mom and I had a day of spa before my wedding. A huge disappointment. This is an old, run down and smelly place. We were the only people there on Tuesday morning and yet receptionist managed to completely mess up services we ordered. The whole place is completely disorganized, nobody knows what they are doing or cares and God help you if you book more than 1 service or come in a company of more than 2 people.

The facials were terrible - they are using old and smelly rugs to wipe your face - my kitchen rug smells much better. As a result the great experience of Aveeno products they use there was completely lost - it took me a while to get the smell out of my skin and hair after these services. The house coats they give you may have been white about 20 years ago when they were purchased by Civello, but now they remind a dirty rug that I would not clean floors with.

They have no sense of how to schedule the services. We had mani and pedi after the facials and instead of asking mom and I to change into our clothes they just went ahead with the services and tried to get us get into our clothes right after while nail polish was still wet. The esthetician who was doing my pedi seems to not want to even touch feet and did a very poor job on both mani and pedi.

Other than the hair stylists (Mike and I forget the name of the other lady), everyone treated us as if we were a nuicance to them. When I asked for advice on purchasing Aveeno products, the receptionist just pointed at the display of products and there was nobody there to help us. Needless to say I did not buy anything and will make sure that I tell everyone who listens to not waste time on this place.

To Civello management: Poor job, bad management and organization. Train your people better or get people who are interested in helping your guests.

Visited May 2012
17 attraction reviews
“Reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Civello is consistenly a reliable name and service provider. Spa services were quality and the atmosphere was relaxing and surroundings pleasing.

Toronto
“Incredible value in an urban oasis!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I didn't want to have to spend $50 to get a haircut, it's usually $40 for me at the other place I used to go to, but I thought, what the heck! Scalp massage? Sure!
I went to Sherrai, a beginner stylist, and an hour later I looked 10 years younger. Okay, so the results may not be the same for everyone, but girrlz, it's worth the extra $10. I have curly, prone to frizzy hair that looked like a combed out nest when I got there - because I'm a nerd who neglects my hair for months - but Sherrai showed me how to maintain it at home without any fancy equipment, and with very little product. They really work with who you on a holistic level, and the atmosphere is beautifully dreamlike. I'm sending my friends here.

Lost in Ontario
“some disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2006

Received a girt card for a manicure and pedicure from a friend and we were to go together for a birthday celebration. Since there are only 3 foot care stations, I had to do my manicure in a room alone while my friend had to do the foot care (with 2 strangers)in an ajacent room. So much for Girls day out. To be honest the hand and calf massage was half hearted and left much to be desired.
Overpriced for the service