“Bed Bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Catharines
“Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The funniest part of this stay was that the toaster in the breakfast room shot the toast out like a rocket. It was quite funny to watch because the people didn't usually stand and monitor their toast, so they were very surprised to see their toast fly out in to the air and land on the floor.

The worst part of the stay was the bed bugs. We were bitten several times and notified the front desk of the problem. The staff was very casual and unalarmed. They promised to take the room out of service. We called the room the next night and their was a guest in the room. I guess they didn't take the room out of service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I do apologize for your unpleasant experience and wish to get your feedback to get this resolved. We do value your support and interest for Stay Inn Toronto and wish for you to return and feel comfortable when here.
It would be my pleasure to further discuss this with you so therefore please contact me at your ease. Looking forward and I’m truly sorry about your negative experience.
At our establishment we have cleaning and property maintenance programs in place that prevent such issues. I do apologize if you felt we did not take your matter seriously. We did and executed accordingly. If you would like to further discuss this, please do not hesitate to reach me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kincardine, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were in the area for 2 days of business at Bloor and Islington and the Stay Inn was a very good choice. We looked forward to the hot/cold breakfast both mornings and were given a late check out on our day of departure, no problem. Would definitely come again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on the first floor close to where we were parked, the front desk and the breakfast...
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for choosing Stay Inn Toronto. Very glad to hear of your recent stay with us. Thank you again for rewarding us by posting your experience on Trip Advisor!
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Three times in a row I stayed here because it was close to my business location. The rooms are very nice and clean. The free breakfast is very good but the service is the worst that I have ever encountered in my travelling career.

The 200 character review maximum does not allow me the space to cite examples of how bad and inconsiderate the service was. I was left to wonder if the staff training included ignoring the customer, don't smile and being rude if okay. The one bright light was Anna who was the only reason
that I came back to give the hotel another try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you for staying with us. I do apologize for your unpleasant experience and wish to get your feedback so I can get this resolved. We do value your support and interest for Stay Inn and wish for you to return and feel comfortable when here.
I would like to further discuss this with you so therefore at your convenience, please contact me. Looking forward and I’m truly sorry about your negative experience.
Goderich, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very impressed with this hotel. Very clean rooms and public areas. Lots of choices for breakfast and it was great. Free parking which in the Toronto area is worth a lot. If you are going to Toronto for the downtown experience it is not for you, old and industrial neighbourhood is not the best, but going to anything in the west end or along the lakeshore great. Five minutes from Sherway Gardens and 30 seconds from 427N entrance.

Room Tip: No elevator but only two floors and second floor more private
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much!
Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is our second time staying here and it is good value for the price...$105 per night and includes breakfast. When we first checked in and went to our room I made a point of laying on top of the bed to check out the quality of the mattress because I have had back issues previously. The mattress did not seem comfortable at all so immediately went back to the desk to ask for another room with a better mattress. They gave us another room just down the hall on the main floor. The mattress was a slight improvement but I recall when we last stayed there 1-1/2 years ago, that the bed was very comfortable! I asked the girl at the desk for a newer mattress but I still think that they could have improved on it. My husband and I are in the accommodation business and we have top quality mattresses on all of our beds...a must as far as I am concerned! Also, please, please update your comforters...they are in a very sad state to say the least!
The breakfast was good although my suggestion to not let the bacon sit in a cup of grease would be a good idea. When you pick up a piece of bacon, it drips of grease.
Having said all of this, it was an ok stay and we will most likely go back when we visit again especially since you really can't beat the price for Toronto!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Excellent feedback you have shared. I will definately take all your comments to the drawing board as we value your views.
Innisfil, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stay at this motel when I visit my old neighbourhood of Alderwood. (twice, so far)
Ii's clean, close to major intersections that will take you to the airport or downtown (or Alderwood).
Rooms are spacious enough, parking is free, staff has always been courteous and the price is right.
The breakfast is pretty good for an inclusive. Above average scrambled eggs and bacon, plus a fairly good selection of "sticky buns", waffles, bagels etc. No fruit when I was there. The breakfast area, is small and a bit warm.
No coffee in the room. No fridge.
However, good value at $100sh per night.

Room Tip: It's a two level motel. Get a room on the bottom floor if you can so you can park in front of yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure when you stayed but, we do serve fresh fruits for breakfast, Monday to Friday only. If for any reason, during these days the fruits are not present, please do let us know and we can try to accommodate right away. Also all our rooms have a mini-fridge which is located beneath the television.
If you ever have any questions during your stay, please let our front desk know as our only priority is for our guests to have a pleasant stay. We want to make sure you are happy and comfortable!
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Only negatives about this hotel is no elevator and the area is okay, but not pretty. Overall, very good hotel with a good breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again and again....

Been to Stay Inn? Share your experiences!