“Probably as good as it gets in the area” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Evans Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M8W 2W1, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #43 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Innisfil, Canada
“Probably as good as it gets in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stay at this motel when I visit my old neighbourhood of Alderwood. (twice, so far)
Ii's clean, close to major intersections that will take you to the airport or downtown (or Alderwood).
Rooms are spacious enough, parking is free, staff has always been courteous and the price is right.
The breakfast is pretty good for an inclusive. Above average scrambled eggs and bacon, plus a fairly good selection of "sticky buns", waffles, bagels etc. No fruit when I was there. The breakfast area, is small and a bit warm.
No coffee in the room. No fridge.
However, good value at $100sh per night.

Room Tip: It's a two level motel. Get a room on the bottom floor if you can so you can park in front of yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure when you stayed but, we do serve fresh fruits for breakfast, Monday to Friday only. If for any reason, during these days the fruits are not present, please do let us know and we can try to accommodate right away. Also all our rooms have a mini-fridge which is located beneath the television.
If you ever have any questions during your stay, please let our front desk know as our only priority is for our guests to have a pleasant stay. We want to make sure you are happy and comfortable!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Only negatives about this hotel is no elevator and the area is okay, but not pretty. Overall, very good hotel with a good breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again and again....
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Came off the 401 into this area & this motel recommended by customer in petrol station. Excellent front desk reception. Very comfortable room, and very good breakfast - much better than continental with scrambled eggs & bacon!
The very best thing about this hotel was its location. A few minutes drive to Kipling Metro station where you can park all day for $5 and take the train into the centre of Toronto. A great exit point for trip to Niagara, and very easy access to the airport 12 minutes drive away (roadworks permitting!) Also, several excellent restaurants on neaby mall. Why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: First floor was OK for us
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Mr. Anthony, thank you so much for the positive feedback. Our team is extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing Stay Inn!
Merrill, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I tend to get up early, usually go the lobby or Breakfast Room to watch early news. 6:00 AM I am the only person in the room and change the channel manually to CNN news. 10 minutes later the TV shuts off. I get up, the night clerk says while laughing, I turned it off. When asked why he said I was not supposed to touch it despite the fact there were no signs stating that. I had to go to my room where my wife was sleeping and watch the news there. Fortunately he did not turn the TV off there. Never in my travels in various parts of the world and many times in ON. I have never experienced this lack of customer treatment. I belive he dislikes Americans. Email me if you wish at baldwinski50@yahoo.com

Room Tip: We were invited to a retirement party of a friend. I have turned channels on TV on all over North Am...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
First off, I do apologize for this mishap. I will definitely look into this and get back to you. I really appreciate your feedback, good or bad, we want to hear it all. I will be in touch.

Warm Regards,
Merrimack, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked a last minute room here on a last minute trip to Toronto. As other travelers have noted, our room, bathroom, and all the facilities we saw were very clean. It appears recently redone/refurbished. There was no evidence of mold or cracks in the bathroom. There were dispensers on the wall in the bathroom, 2 next to the sink with soap and body lotion, and one in the shower with soap/shampoo. Pleasant smelling as well. The fan did not work great, as the bathroom got pretty fogged up, though I didn't take an extremely hot shower. Shower head was large and waterfall style, though down rather low, so someone tall might have to bend to rinse their head. Nice curved shower curtain rod gave more room in the shower. Plush towels and washcloths in the bathroom too.

The beds and pillows were comfy and clean. Very comfortable loveseat and convenient mini fridge in room. Big LG TV (30 something inches). Working AC cooled our room quickly when it was 90 degrees plus outside. Blackout shades were great for sleeping.

Included was continental breakfast with good selection of toast/bagels, scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, cheese, danishes, muffins, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, waffle maker, and coffee/tea/juices. We got down there around 9 on a sunday and there was still plenty of selection.

The inn is located west of Toronto, which was more convenient for going back home to NY, however since we found out traffic in that area was absolutely terrible, it was not as convenient as we had thought it would be to drive in and out of the city a couple of times. We might have to spend the extra cash next time we go to Toronto though and just get a room in the city, to avoid the traffic.

Staff was very friendly and courteous. Overall an excellent experience at the Stay Inn.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Elise, appreciate the descriptive feedback. It appears you took your time to complete this review and i'm very thankful for this.
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

we had a great stay. very clean, customer service was awesome, lots to chose from the breakfast room. The only complain is no coffee machine in the rooms wich would be nice to have in the mornings so we can relax before starting our day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lorraine, appreciate the feedback. I also wish we had coffee makers in our rooms. However, we do have a coffee and tea station (always fresh) 24/7 in our lobby area.
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've stayed here numerous times and have always found it clean and comfortable.
The first thing I do when I check in to any hotel room is observe how clean it looks and smells and I've never been disappointed.

It's rated a 2-star hotel because it lacks the amenities of a 3-star hotel (gym, pool, etc) and It costs roughly $105 CDN per night.

I recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a decent place to stay on a budget.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor handicapped-access rooms. Paper-thin walls.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your many visits to our hotel and for taking your time to submit your views on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you soon and wish you a wonderful day!

Been to Stay Inn? Share your experiences!