“Wonderful trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tall Ship Kajama

Tall Ship Kajama
Queen's Quay and Lower Simcoe St | Behind the Harbourfront Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
+1 416-260-6355
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 159 activities in Toronto
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This 165-foot three masted schooner offers non-guided tours of the Toronto harbor on Lake Ontario from the start of May to the end of September. Day and Evening Cruises Available.
UK
7 attraction reviews
“Wonderful trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had booked this trip from the UK and it was worth the wait. The ship itself is beautiful and though it was actually quite a still day and the motor kept us moving, the sails went up with the help of any volunteer passengers and this is a marvellous site. The ship then sails out onto Lake Ontario and you have a marvellous view of the Toronto skyline. Refreshments are available at a reasonable price and all the crew members were very friendly and informative. A lovely trip.

Visited July 2012

“Lame experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Went on the kajama and I suppose shame on me. You board the boat and grab a seat ( first they ask if you'd like a photo-we pass-15 bucks for a pic) They give you a quick safety overview and we're off. They start to raise the sails and ask for volunteers - a few people help. And we're sailing...sort of...the motor of the boat is actually powering us.

So we're about 10 minutes in and I'm drinking a beer - thinking when is it going to start. Then 20 minutes and so on they've passed out food menus if you'd like - but I still am waiting for something informative.

Fast forward 90 minutes and were back at dock.

Not one piece of commentary, not one piece of information. It was basically come on the boat we'll look at the Toronto coast and then turn around and come back.

There must be better experiences out there.

As a point of reference I'm a 29 year male who was traveling with a girl.

Maybe the older and younger crowd would like it more...

Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Casual Harbour Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We did a 2-hour tour of the harbour area. Beautiful tall sail ship with room for plenty. Casual atmosphere and family-friendly. Snack bar on board in case you forget to buy food ahead of time. If you are keen to try hoisting sails or learning about the vessel, you will have to be assertive and seek out the young 'summer student' crew as it's easy to get lost in the crowd. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the peaceful ride.

Visited June 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
13 attraction reviews
“Total waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I'm not really certain how this can be considered a "tour". Terrible experience. We left the Toronto Harbor and once we got out in to Lake Ontario, the "captain" shut off the engine and we just sat there for an hour. No breeze because we weren't even moving. We thought we would make a little trip around the island, but we didn't. It would have been even an okay tour if we have just kept moving the whole time. There were a few good site of the tower, but other than that a total waste. I'm glad we had a Groupon and only wasted $24 as opposed to $40. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Service was bad, View very nice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Last year, I got a web coupon for my family to travel in August. I went to the booth with my reservation confirmation printouts. The girl didn't recognize them and she called two other people to check after which she said she would 'allow us' on the boat. She hadn't seen these before. It was very embarrassing since we had guests whom we were hosting. The staff treated the people who paid with cash much better. The ignorance of their own products and offers was appalling. Usually service staff would be apologetic about not knowing about things. Some staff on the cruise were great and made the experience fun for the kids.

The cruise was very pretty but I would never go there again.

Visited August 2011
MrDWells, Manager at Tall Ship Kajama, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to offer an apology in regards to your trip last season on the Tall Ship Kajama. I have looked at all our promo items and will certainly make sure all staff are aware of the different possible tickets they maybe presented with. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I must also apologize if a member of staff was rude to you. We certainly aim to treat all our customers the same. Our boarding passes are now all identical, whether the guest is paying full price or has a discounted ticket so when they arrive at the boat all customers are treated the same.
I am truly sorry your experiences wasn't as good as it could have been but I'm glad you enjoyed parts of the trip. I do hope you give us the opportunity to prove to you in the future, excellent customer service I know we are capable of.
Kind Regards