“Lovely boutique hotel -- noisy club across the road...” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Canada
“Lovely boutique hotel -- noisy club across the road...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed at Le Germain for our 10th wedding anniversary. Upon check in we were very pleased with our room. While not overly spacious, it was just enough for us and the bathroom was fantastic -- oversized with a separate water closet for the toilet. The walk in shower with rain-shower head was to die for. The king sized bed was lovely.

Our room faced South and thus we had a rude awakening around 1.00am on the Saturday morning. The pounding bass and street noise from the popular club across the street was absolutely intolerable. It was only in the morning when we discovered the discretely placed ear plugs in the bed stand...the disruption lasted for almost 2 hours.

But thankfully we were able to sleep in and enjoy the serene dining area and vast complimentary breakfast offered by the Germain. Well attended staff kept beverages flowing and the food was excellent.

All in all an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

My husband and I stay here on our wedding anniversary every year... need I say more :) The room, the atmosphere, the staff are all fantastic.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

When I arrive in my room at the Germain, I immediately let out a huge ahhhh! The bed is fantastic, the food at Victor is unsurpassed (tonight I had Tuna Confit) and they always have great jazz playing upon arrive in the room. It is a welcome retreat after travelling. Impecable service from all the staff. Complete and ultimate care!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Beautiful location, hotel and experience. Lovely room and lobby with extremely friendly and helpful staff. No complaints at all with the exception of a turndown service which was missed.

Unlike some previous entries we found the room to be perfectly quiet.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
pacific nw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

We stayed one night at the Le Germain and found the staff helpful and pleasant. The hotel has a contemporary look, i.e. the seating in the lobby was more design than comfort. Our room had a glass wall for the washroom/shower which allowed much needed light; the toiletries were Aveda and the king size bed cosy with a thick douvet. A substantial "continental" breakfast was a very nice addition (boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, toast, fresh fruit, caps & espresso.) Being our first time in Toronto, we did not know the lay of the land. This hotel is perfect to be near the theatre district, it is actually located just across the street from Second City and down the block from Wayne Gretzky's restaurant. Also, within a few blocks is a grocery store, a drug store and two ok Italian restaurants. For seeing museums & shopping at the Eaton Centre, a hotel along Bloor Ave. would have been a better choice for us. I would recommend this hotel, but for $C255/night we spent too much additional money taking taxis to where we really wanted to be which was to the museums.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Le Germain for a week in November this year. We were primarily there for a business trip, but also held a birthday party for my wife Le Germain's Apartment Suite.

The Apartment Suite was the perfect place to hold a small party (12 people) and we loved that Le Germain didn't give us any trouble when we brought in our own food and liquor for our get-together. The staff was very helpful in getting things set up and making sure we had enough dishes in the kitchen, etc. We had a fabulous night and would definitely book there again for that kind of event.

For the rest of our stay, we had a standard room with a king bed. The room itself was very spacious and beautifully decorated - it felt very luxurious. It was also very quiet. There were plenty of closets and drawers, even in the bathroom, which is great when you're staying for a week. The staff was very solicitous and friendly and brought anything we needed quickly.

The room set-up wasn't very convenient for more than one person working or dining - there was a small desk, a desk chair and a big armchair. They were happy to bring us an extra chair, but it was still crowded - funny, given the size of the room. Also, the TV didn't pull out or swivel, so if you wanted to watch TV and eat dinner, you had to eat on the bed. Not that important and not the kind of thing you would care about during a short stay - but for a longer stay, it was a little inconvenient.

Speaking of the bed - I'm not usually fussy about mattresses, but I personally found our bed the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Too hard for me and it took nearly a week after our stay for the kink to disappear from my neck.

We were both working in the room at times and found both the wireless internet and the actual internet port very unstable. Our room was at the end of the hall, far from the elevators. If you're there for business, I would suggest staying closer to the middle, to make sure you have a good internet connection.

Breakfast was included and was always a lovely continental spread. Coffee was divine and the breakfast staff were really lovely.

Overall, I enjoyed our stay - I would definitely stay there again for a shorter time or a special occasion. And it's a great location - close to transit, restaurants, movie theatre, live theatre, etc.

• Liked — The beautiful room decor and the fantastic lobby
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable bed, iffy internet connection
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

I travel extensively and find myself in Toronto about ten times a year. My home base is in California and usually by the time I arrive at hotel le germain I’m very tired and ready to hit the sack. This is when I find the first of the three things I love about the hotel: the bed. The pillows are soft and pliable, the comforter warm and cozy and the mattress is like sleeping on a cloud. In the morning I awake and experience the second joy of le germain: the shower. It’s an unbelievable cascade of overhead water (not from the side as most conventional showers) that warms you through and through. Then, it’s on to the third thing I love at the hotel: the free breakfast. Crepes, fresh fruit, muffins, cheeses and nuts served by some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I love the germain… and after staying at other hotels in the area won’t ever go back to them again. The price point is perfect for the services I receive.

• Liked — The bed, the shower, the breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Le Germain Toronto? Share your experiences!