“Excellent boutique hotel in Toronto” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Fremont, California
“Excellent boutique hotel in Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is very contemporary and stylish, even the water cooler in the hallway was designer grade. We stayed in two "connecting" rooms and I later found out that our rooms had been upgraded. The rooms were spacious, modern and luxury. Staff were helpful and friendly, and paid attention to all the details.

Exceptional breakfast for "free". Croissant was really fresh and crisp! There were a lot of choices of hot and cold items. Our first breakfast was on Saturday and everything was great. However on Sunday, the quality of the breakfast was a little down from the day before. Our guess was either the person who made the croissant had the day off or they did not buy the fresh ones from local pastry store that morning.

When we were leaving the hotel, the valet guy brought back a wrong car that was tagged with one of our room numbers and obviously they had messed up the tag. Then for the next 15 mins, my brother and I were standing next to the key cabinet to look for our car key. Then all of a sudden, the guy said he knew where the key was, and he disappeared for another few minutes and came back with the car. Not sure what had happened, but this was a reason that I would have given them 4-star. However, the upgrade of the rooms was enough to make up for it! In summary, excellent stay at this nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just came back of one week at the Germain ( Mercer street ) in Toronto with my wife and the kinds.
friendly staff and management. make you feel just like home.
the hotel have a perfect location, close to everithing.
best place for business and for leasure.

thanks to every one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night and the night after we were married. Because of an extreme work schedule, we didn't have time for a week long honeymoon so we opted for two nights at an upper-class hotel until we could have a proper trip abroad. The facilities at this hotel are pristine and the service is excellent. The room was stylish, contemporary and extremely comfortable. The best part about our stay were our added features which we opted for upon our check in. First we opted for the in-room couple's massage which could not have been more relaxing. However, as great as the massage was, it could not rival our private dinner. This hotel offers an option for a private dinner for which the guest is allowed to choose one ingredient that will be featured throughout all courses. At this point, two of the hotel's chefs will design their own dishes based on your chosen ingredient. It's like being the private judges of an "iron-chef" competition. I highly recommend it. The dishes were fantastic and you even get to rate the dishes and pick a winning chef at the end. Because we had been recently married, they gave up complimentary glasses with our room # (709). What a great keepsake. We will absolutely have to spend an anniversary in that same room. All that's left is to figure out what our "ingredient" will be for the next private meal!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DinoGurusamy, Director Operations at Hotel Le Germain Toronto, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear IntrepidKristin ,

Congratulations on your nuptials and thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad that you chose us for your short honeymoon and that we helped making it a memorable one. The ``Iron Chef`` themed private dinner is indeed an unique offering and I am pleased that you had a great experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your first anniversary if not before!

Best

Dino Gurusamy
Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my first time stay in this hotel and I certainly would recommend this Hotel. The location is great near to most facilities and good restaurants. I like the fact that this hotel is not large and it has a very nice feel about it. The rooms are a good size with a very warm and pleasant decor. Currently there is a large new building going up next door but this has no great negative effect on the hotel. I can't wait for my next stay in Toronto in this nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel Le Germain is hands down the best hotel I've ever stayed at. My husband and I brought our 15 lb Pomeranian mix and stayed in room #1008. We travelled with my parents who had a room one floor beneath us (#901). We stayed one night (July 5th 2013).

The most important aspect of the hotel for me was the fact that they allowed pets. This was my #1 concern. They got the entire thing correct. They provided a dog bed, dog bowls and a complimentary bag of dog treats. They are 2-3 blocks away from a beautiful dog park in Clarence Square-- something that not one, not two but three different hotel staff asked if we knew about and gave us very helpful directions.

In regards to some recent reviews about the comedy clubs, etc. with rooftop bars being located across the street -- you chose to stay right in the center of the entertainment district of Toronto. It should be given that this part of the city is going to come alive at night. We went out for a few drinks and dessert, came back and went to bed with no sound issues. Our dog never barked because of noise. We all slept like babies. The hotel provides ear plugs in each room if you have super sonic hearing and feel you should need them.

In regards to some recent reviews about staff not helping with luggage, etc. We found it to be the opposite. The staff was so attentive that my husband and I took a complimentary apple (located near the filtered water outside the elevators on each level) and waited to see how long it would take for somebody to replace it. No more than 30 minutes! We had staff offer to help us move the luggage from the car, then to our room. They even offered to help bring it down and put it in the car. We never opened the front doors for ourselves once (and we used them quite a lot because we needed to take the dog out for bathroom breaks). We took advantage of keeping our luggage in the bellman's closet after we checked out and then came back to pick it up several hours later for no extra charge.

Our room was very clean and had no issues with it being "too dark". I'm the type of person who likes a lot of natural light during the day and no light what-so-ever while I sleep.

This hotel was so nice that my husband and I didn't even leave to explore the city our first night because all we wanted to do was enjoy our hotel room. We had pizza delivered from a place called 'North of Brooklyn' and it was the best pizza we've ever had. The ONLY very slightly teeny, tiny negative thing about our entire Hotel Le Germain experience was that they charged around $1.30 for local calls. But it was worth paying $1.30 to order the best pizza to be delivered so we could enjoy our hotel room.

All in all, the staff was excellent, the breakfast was great, the décor was very aesthetically pleasing and modern, the room was very clean, the bed was so comfortable that I am tempted to buy one off their website for myself and most importantly, they went out of their way to accommodate our dog. If I could give them 10 stars, I happily would.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from a weekend visit to Toronto. I will echo the below comments regarding the staff.......everyone is very friendly and attentive and the concierge staff is top notch. Our room,was on the side away from the nightclubs, so no issues there. Room was clean,with a great shower and plenty of hot water and pressure. Location is perfect.....everything Downtown is easily walkable. We did hear a few late night party type twenty something's returning to their rooms at 4 in the morning, but really......it's a big city, the kids are going to make some noise....and we couldnt get over what a clean and welcoming, safe, friendly city Toronto is. The top floor patio is really nice for a late night cocktail and a view of the CN tower. The staff helped me get flowers in the room for a Birthday surprise for my girlfriend and on top of that a Happy Birthday surprise treat was delivered as well. The 50 dollar gift card for Umbra is a nice touch as well. The small gym was fine, with functional and modern equipment, a modest free weight rack, two treadmills and a stair stepper and two small weight station machines.....one for legs....one for upper body. The only negative we could even think of was a lack of a swimming pool of large whirlpool tub of some sort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a very delayed flight from Vancouver to Toronto, our day was practically over upon arriving at the hotel. The lady at the front desk was so helpful and eagerly so compared to the guy that was beside her. The guy was imposing and, should I say, not front desk material. But his abrasive attitude did not leave me rating this very nice hotel in downtown Toronto as one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in.

I always consider the bathroom as the window of the elegance of a hotel and while this hotel did not have a bathtub, the bathroom was huge and you could walk into it and still have enough space to move around or view it from the bedroom. The bathroom has one of the best shower experiences you can get in any hotel. Water runs strong and the drinking water is self service on the corridor of the hotel facing the elevators. You will find the water bottle in the room, the ice machine along the corridor and you can have all the water without having to go to some 7-11 or convenience store in the corner.

But here's the deal. The interior of the room is beautiful! I stayed in a larger room size and I found this sprawling for a party of two. The room smelled wonderful (no stank cigarette smoke) and the lobby was just right. Breakfast could be partaken at the mezzanine and food was not an in your face buffet! It was the healthy kind.

The location was great considering that it was just a few blocks away from the CN Tower (the guy told us to just go there when we arrived because all the stores are already closed by 7PM and that there was nothing to do in Toronto at night). When we attempted to explore Toronto the following days, we discovered that once you crossed the back alley, lo and behold is the public transport system just across. The Filipino staff were very helpful as they guided us on how to get a day pass for the transport system that came in handy.

Sleep was great because you were away from all the noise during night but the construction right beside the hotel woke you up early. The bed provided great sleep.

Great bed, great bathroom and lovely hotel. You could have complimentary coffee in the lobby or in your bedroom!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Le Germain Toronto? Share your experiences!