“Excellent in many ways” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 6,561 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Café, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: At G for Gelato, we keep things fresh. We serve delicious Gelato all made in house. But our menu doesn't stop there. We offer pizzas, pastas paninis, soups, salads, pastries and coffee.All of our food is home made, down to the dough for our pizzas and foccacias. We source our vegetables daily from St. Lawrence market, which is down the street, and the freshness of our ingredients can be tasted in every bite. We are licensed! Care for a Cafe Corretto? A glass of wine with your pasta or pizzas; maybe enjoy a cold beer or a martini to go with your favorite gelato flavor.
“Excellent in many ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I spent about a monthliving nearby this fantastic spot. The owner is a good guy that looks after his business and his guests. I enjoyed the coffee, food, service and ambiance of this place.

Visited July 2013

94% Recommend
Waterloo, Canada
“Ice cream fans: make a special trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I know how pretentious it sounds, but it needs to be said: ice cream made by people who understand food. The flavours were natural and well-developed, not over-sweetened and artificial. The textures and aromas of the ice cream matched the ingredients--the buttery-ness and unique smell of the pistachio was exceptional.

To say that G for Gelato's ice cream is better than Marble Slab's is a gross understatement. My brain started to hurt when I realized their prices are better, too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Somehow lives up to the TripAdvisor #1 hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place is ripe for a letdown given it's incredible ranking on TripAdvisor. However, the gelato absolutely delivers. The flavors are bold and precise, so perfectly balanced. We've had the salted caramel, London fog, blueberry lavendar, mint, lemon, banana, and they're all just spectacular. My one suggestion is that they should have suggested pairings when you combine two flavors. The reason is that because the flavors are so rich and bold, sometimes they outshine each other when they are combined. One combination that definitely does work is the blueberry lavender with mint -- my mother in law came up with this and it was genius.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Blueberry Lavender?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The flavour combinations for their gelato are fantastic and original and super delicious!
I was overwhelmed with options, so sheepishly asking for a sample of their blueberry lavender, I was surprised to be presented with a massive sample and smiling face.
I then tried three more kinds before deciding on watermelon passionfruit.
It was awesome!
The portion sizes are enormous, I ordered the small and it was huge!
Friendly service, fantastic flavours! We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
toronto
“G is for great gelato!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Made a special trip here after reading reviews and it was worth the drive! After visiting Italy, had a craving for gelato but I've tried many places before and they didn't compare. This place was the best outside of Italy!

Did not try anything else but they do offer espressos, sandwiches and light snacks.

Super friendly customer service too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere