“Best espresso, thin crust pizza, and gelato!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 6,796 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Café, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: In the heart of the historic St. Lawrence Market, G For Gelato and Pizza Bar serves the finest gelato in Toronto, made with recipes passed down in the Polsinelli family for years. From classic roasted pistachio to creative flavor pairings like coconut basil, blueberry lavender, and London Fog (vanilla and Earl Grey tea), we make our gelato using the freshest ingredients and source many seasonal fruits and veggies from local farmers markets. In our cozy, rustic space, we also serve hand-tossed thin crust pizzas as well as foccacia paninis, frittatas, pastas, and fresh salads. Start your morning with our hand-crafted coffee and espresso drinks paired with a sweet pastry, or sit down and enjoy a leisurely lunch with our house favorite funghi pizza, a white pizza topped with mixed mushrooms, fresh arugula, and a drizzle of truffle oil. Need to bring a taste of Italy to your next celebration or corporate luncheon? We also cater and deliver at your convenience. For a sweet break in your day, sit and stay with us at G For Gelato and Pizza Bar for traditional Italian dishes, quiet conversations, and the best gelato in Toronto. We hope to see you soon!
“Best espresso, thin crust pizza, and gelato!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant twice and was amazed at the quality of food. Their pancetta pizza is amazing - very authentic italian. Chicken parm panini is a must try. Gelato was great. Their apple cake and red velvet cupcakes are absolutely to die for (best I've had). So many great flavors of gelato. Everything is made in-house and sourced locally. This place is great for lunch or a casual dinner. Staff are very warm - our cappucino and latte had "art" drawn into the foam, which was a nice touch. Would suggest this place to anyone.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Best Gelato & Cafe Vibe Downtown Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

If your in the mood for Gelato or Pizza this is the perfect spot in the downtown core to swing by.

Its just east of Yonge & Adelaide opposite the St.James Park...a cool & casual vibe, serious variety of gelato flavours, they all look yummy. Possible 8-10 great wood-over pizza's to choose from, I've been hanging out there for the past year and its always a pleasurable experience whether I sit in or take out for my house parties..G keeps me coming back for more and I'm telling all my friends and family about this gelato/pizzeria. Casual fun- atmosphere, great food consistently.. above and beyond my expectations.

Nothing in the area at all to compare it too, so many thanks to "G" for being there and i highly suggest when you find yourself looking to go somewhere or in the area of St.Lawrence market on a week night or weekend pop in for a pizza or gelato...you will be so happy you did. Enjoy.

Deb from the hood.

• Visited January 2013
Island of Gozo, Malta
“A regular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been there many times - primarily for gelato and coffee.
We also had the odd "breakfast" at the place.
Excellent! The staff (and the sisters-owners!) gracious and very receptive.
Small and conveniently located for us
Always enjoyable!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Very unexpected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I were out for the night and decided to grab some dessert. This place did not disappoint. It wasn't packed, and the people were extremely friendly and patient while we looked over the choices. The gelato was top notch, and the prices were reasonable and comparable.

Definitely worth a visit, I am going to make a trip to try the pizza's next time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome coffee, gelato, pizza, pastries, and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I live here in the historic St. Lawrence Market district and when G for Gelato opened, I was so excited to have something like this my neighborhood. I come here every day.

If you're headed to the St. Lawrence Market on a Saturday morning, this is a great place to stop for your coffee - just a block north of the Market building.

Maybe I'll see you there! :)