“Gorgeous hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SoHo Metropolitan

Save Saved
You added SoHo Metropolitan to your Saves list
SoHo Metropolitan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   318 Wellington St West, Toronto, Ontario M5V3T4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Champaign, Illinois
“Gorgeous hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early and we're upgraded to an Executive Suite. It was huge! And clean! And just gorgeous! The bathroom was large, heated floors, multi head shower system....and the bed super comfy. Location is excellent, walkable to mist things we had scheduled. Only downside is exorbitant price of breakfast....

• Stayed March 2013

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place is amazing. It's not in the prettiest part of town, but the hotel design is excellent. There was real thought put into designing the rooms. The integrated lighting and blinds system was very good. The lighting for the walk in closet was great. The bathroom was amazing. The tub was designed perfectly for a relaxing soak. The heated floor was a bonus since I went when it was a chilly.

Everything about this room was amazing. The service was very good. Everyone was helpful.

The location was a bit out of the way but it was very convenient to walk to places for dining.

The toiletries were upscale and fabulous. This hotel is one of my favourites. I recommend to everyone who wants to experience quiet luxury.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night just for fun (first time away from the kids!) and it was great. The room was clean and spacious and I loved the modern look and feel. The bed was very comfortable with a nice duvet -- such a change from run of the mill hotels. The bathroom was great with lots of room and I liked how it was separated from the rest of the room with the walk-in closet. We did pay for an upgrade and our only small complaint would be the view -- although I guess we can't complain too much being in downtown Toronto -- not much to see but buildings anyway!

Room Tip: We were in room 408 and only complaint is that the ice machine is right outside the door. So any tim...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My recent visit to the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel was simply a delight. From the moment I walked into this luxurious hotel, I was treated with personal attention that exceeded all my expectations. The SoHo Met offers sophisticated living right in the heart of the city. I was there for a business event, yet I truly enjoyed all the amenities that this fine hotel had to offer. I enjoyed the pool, steam room and the scrumptious meals at the restaurant. It's true when they say - one does more than stay at the SoHo Met ... one lives it. I highly recommend that if you are in town- check this place out !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my first time in a Residence Hotel. Our room was fantastic! The bed was luxury. The soaker tub was heaven. We didn't make as much use of the pool or hot tub as I thought we would, I had luxury Vegas in mind and the pool was just ok.
The staff were great, amazing customer service, even offering to remove salt from my shoes, as The sidewalks in Toronto are covered in salt!
We had a coupon for a free coffee in the cafe, a real contrast to the hotel proper. The staff were grumpy, the tables had used dishes on them! Does the cafe have a different manager?
We enjoyed breakfast at the Cora's across the street instead.
I would return to this hotel, just skip the cafe.

Room Tip: Ask for the forth floor, it's quieter the higher up you are.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed briefly here on a business trip overnight, but still enough time to appreciate that this is a superior spot. The rooms are large, like a studio apartment with separate dressing area, closets and bathroom set up. Very high end and attractive. Would like to spend more time in their washroom, just for the roominess and nice products (Molton Brown). Excellent pressure from oversized showerhead ..v luxurious. Front desk service also highly professional - setting up anything you need is a snap - such a pleasure not to have to answer a million questions to get something done! I'll be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I planned our trip to Toronto for the long weekend this past weekend. I am always looking a planning trips so chose Toronto for the cheap airfare and was looking for a reasonable accommodation. I found a great deal on an auction website I use so was able to book a room at the SoHo Met.
The building itself is very welcoming and modern looking. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful! We arrived late Friday night and were informed they had upgraded our room and helped recommend some places that were still open down the street to grab a bite and some drinks. Keep in mind these are also Condo's so if you're looking for a grand lobby entrance head over to the Hyatt. Personally I like the smaller hotels as they tend to have a warmer feel.
Our room was very simple but had all the latest technologies. Flat screen tv, ipod dock, FREE wi-fi, heated floors in a huge bathroom, free breakfast, and 24 hr room service!
The location of the hotel is really great! We were a block away from King St which has a lot of bars and restaurants and seems to be somewhat of the main strip. Also the CN tower is a few blocks away and you have a great view of the tower at night.
The hotel has a bar which appeared to be a happening spot but I never went in to have a drink there is also a restaurant which we also didn't indulge in.
The parking is a little pricey underground but it was so cold we weren't about to deal with finding a parking spot. There is also a lot across the street but I am not sure what the price is or if you need to move after 24 hrs.
I would definitely stay at the SoHo again if I am ever in Toronto!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SoHo Metropolitan? Share your experiences!