“SOHO Metro” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SoHo Metropolitan

Save Saved
You added SoHo Metropolitan to your Saves list
SoHo Metropolitan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   318 Wellington St West, Toronto, Ontario M5V3T4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #12 of 142 hotels in Toronto
Oshawa, Canada
“SOHO Metro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first stay at the SOHO Metropolitan. Coming in from out of town I had a little bit of trouble finding it but once I did I parked underground and went up to the lobby where I was greeted by a hotel employee who offered to help me with my bags. I wanted to check in earlier than my partner was but because the room was paid for and booked in his name he had to call to leave permission for me to check in early. We were never told though that because I was checking in earlier then he was that I needed to provide a credit card in my name for the deposit. I was upset regarding that because we were never told and I don't understand if the room was paid for in full and they had the credit used on file why that wasn't good enough? Regardless, once we had that straightened out check in was a breeze. Inside the room the bed was huge and super comfy. Loved the bedding and had a great sleep in it. I was disappointed with the set up of the room I thought it could have been much better. The bed faced the opposite wall where the couch was but the tv was off to the right of the bed and you couldn't watch tv from bed. Also, sitting on the couch you had to turn to left in order to see the tv. I thought the positioning of the tv, bed and couch could be better. I would rather lay in bed and be able to watch tv after a day touring the city but I couldn't do that. The bathroom was clean and I loved it. I am particular when staying at hotels with the bathroom but this one I was completely impressed with. Loved the huge shower and soaker tub, the sink and counter space. Room was neat and clean but the only thing that stopped me from giving it a 5 star rating was the room setup and not being able to view the tv.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

While the hotel is aside from the business district, it's an oasis. What a boutique hotel should be. I was upgraded to a suite as my room was not ready when I arrived mid-morning.
Very cozy decor, large bathroom with a shower, a tub. The heated floor was very much appreciated on a cold and windy day in Toronto.
Very comfortable bed with Frette linen.
Morning breakfast buffet is very good with omelette done a la minute, superior dim-sums and French pastries. The coffee could be stronger.
I'll be back.
The staff at the front desk oriental lady and gentleman) were fantastic.

Room Tip: there is only three floors but try getting a room in the back. Very quiet.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at the Soho Metropolitain Toronto for 2 nights in November 2012.
In close proximity to the business district, the bar district and to Major sights, this boutique hotel is a perfect location for exploring Toronto during the Day or at night.

The accomodations are wonderful and spacious with comfortable beds and impeccable rooms. BUt, you will fall in love with the bathroom facilities....beautiful deep tubs, lots of closet space, glass encosed showers....fantastic!

The service staff were very professional and quite helpful and always had a smile.

The only issue that I had was that upon arrival at 3pm the room wasn't ready.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again and again!!!

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed at the Soho Metropolitan a number of times and have always thought it was a first-rate place. When we are in Toronto and want to be in the west end of the central business district it is our preferred destination. Our last visit did not disappoint, from the moment we arrived to our departure. The service was excellent, without being ingratiating, the dinner and breakfast were first-rate, and our room (premium) was roomy and well appointed. A little touch was that my wife wanted ice and when I opened the ice-bucket I discovered the maid in the course of her nightly rounds had put ice in the bucket. We would have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here in June 2012 for a few days the hotel is superb, breakfast and the facilities are brilliant. Whilst we stayed here there was a Canadian music award ceremony going on and in our hotel staying was Ed Sheeran, Flo Rida and many others. Would recommend the hotel it was fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room, we were also asked if we wanted to upgrade as we were checking in, we upgraded...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I LOVED THIS HOTEL. The front staff was super friendly. I stayed in a very clean and modern one bedroom suite. I was surprised the bathroom had the option of heated floors. Keep in mind, I'm a very simple guy; I didn't realize the drapes were electronic until I found a friendly note on the side table in the living room instructing how to open them! The bed and pillow was comfortable. The location provided easy access to the CN tower, shopping district, and street car system. I was here on a business trip, so I wasn't able to use most of their services such as the breakfast buffet, fitness room, and the pool, which I usually like to use. I had a busy schedule while I was in Toronto. I would definitely stay here again when I return. Two thumbs up! Thanks SOHO.

Room Tip: In the one bedroom suite, the drapes are electronic. There is a switch in the living area to open/c...
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

first stay in toronto and this hotel lived up to the reviews. very clean, excellent bathroom, attentive staff all at an affordable price. not much more to ask for. I would definitely stay here again and would rec'd to friends and family. walk to CN Tower, Kho San Road, 2nd City Comedy.
Parking is easy. Just an overall pleasant experience that makes me want to return to Toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SoHo Metropolitan? Share your experiences!