“Long live The French Connection!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The French Connection

The French Connection
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The French Connection
You added The French Connection to your Saves list
102 Burnside Drive, Toronto, Ontario M6G 2M8, Canada   |
Ranked #66 of 126 Toronto B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Long live The French Connection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

Diane Richard has designed and maintains one of the lovliest B & B's in all of North America. She has an irresistible personality which is why most visitors - in addition to the warm furnishings, quiet neighborhood, close proximity to the city center and delicious Canadian breakfasts - keep coming back and recommending the place all over the web! I have stayed at The French Connection twice now and have been absolutely pleased with Ms. Richard's attention to detail, kindness and wit. I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone visiting Toronto.

• Stayed December 2005

Scotland, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

Im a student from Scotland and in my quest for somewhere to stay in Toronto this summer I came across The French Connection. I emailed the hotel to find out prices, which unfortunately were out with my current student budget (although very reasonable!). I spoke to Diane at the hotel who was very helpful and kind in trying to reduce the price for me, although I still could not stretch my budget. Diane was very helpful in offering me alternative accomodation for my stay, which I was extremely grateful for. She offered to get in touch with a friend of hers that does 'home stays', although she already had a student staying during the summer. After that, Diane asked where in Toronto I would be working so that she could suggest places in the area. She suggested the University of Toronto Residences, which turned out to be perfect for me and I am currently awaiting a reply from them. I was very touched by how kind and helpful Diane was and intend on keeping a bit of money aside to have at least one night in The French Connection as I am sure it will live up to all my expectations, especially if the excellent, friendly service I have recieved so far is anything to go by!
I would definately recommend having a look at The French Connection when considering where to stay in Toronto. I would also like to thank Diane for all her help!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

Located a few minutes away from downtown Toronto, "The French Connection" offers the visitor a warm and pleasant atmosphere. This is largely due to the well travelled and well read Diane Richard, who can entertain you with her experiences abroad all the
while preparing croissants for breakfast! As a well read and travelled doctoral scholar who loves to cook, being in the company of Diane was a humbling experience. I couldn't ask anything more of a hostess!

Diane, a native of Ottowa and an architect by training, has made sure that each room has a "personality". This is particularly the case
in the kitchen and dining room, where the morning sun lights up these two rooms and naturally invites visitors to join Diane for breakfast. I highly recommend everyone and anyone visiting Toronto to schedule a stay at The French Connection.

Stayed December 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

I visit Toronto regularly and have been staying at The French Connection for several years now.

The French Connection is located in a beautiful neighborhood, minutes from a subway station, next to many historic sites such as Casa Loma castle and several excellent restaurants within walking distance.

A warm welcome by an outgoing hostess awaits you on arrival. A hostess that is attentive to your every need during your stay and always willing to help.

The house is beautifully decorated. The large sitting room on the main floor makes the evening very pleasant and relaxing. It is an excellent place to catch up on some reading or keeping up with email using the complimentary WIFI.

The daily breakfast of freshly baked croissants and muffins served with butter and jam, cereal, orange juice, coffee and eggs prepared to your liking make breakfast a truly enjoyable experience while listening to the sounds of classical music.

The furniture in the bedrooms is new. The new mattresses make for a pleasant, restful and comfortable sleep.

My stays at The French Connection are always a truly pleasurable experience and I am recommending it to anyone who visits Toronto and desires exceptional and first class accommodation. You will be happy with your choice.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

Recently, my mother and I took our family vacation to Toronto. Having never stayed at a bed & breakfast before, we had nothing to go on except previous glowing reviews for the French Connection on this site. Any doubts we had evaporated immediately when our hostess Diane greeted us warmly and showed us her inviting accommodations.
Our bedrooms were clean, as was every room in the house. The very new mattresses gave us a sound sleep every night. The decor was bright and attractive. The bedrooms followed single color themes. In terms of decorations, they were minimally decorated with an asian flare, including bamboo shoots, origami, and japanese prints. The bathroom was always very clean. It featured a beautiful vanity, hairdryer, and a spacious shower.
On the main floor, there was a bright sitting room, beautifully decorated without being garish. I sat in one of its excedingly comfortable chairs each night, in the presence of the fireplace and the piano, and used Diane's complimentary WiFi with a fast connection.
The highlight of our stay there was breakfast every morning. A full spread of pastries, cereal, fruit, juice, and delicious dark roast coffee accompanied the various main dishes. All of the previous reviews mentioned the crossaints, the praise of which I echo fully, but I wish to point out another pastry. Every morning I enjoyed a still-warm-from-the-oven chocolate-filled puff pastry. The chocolate was dark and not too sweet. They were hands-down the best pastries I've ever had. On top of being an excellent chef, Diane is also a delight at the table. Her wit, warmth, and knowledge were just as important in starting our day well as the food itself.
All that is topped off by The French Connection's prime location in a beautiful neighborhood, five minutes from a subway station, many historic locations, and several good restaurants, which are discussed further on The French Connection's website.
I would never think of staying elsewhere in Toronto!

• Stayed August 2005
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

I had a large group of friends visiting from abroad who were nervous about making their first trip to North America. I spent the greater part of two, very stressful weeks trying to find comfortable accomodations with a trustworthy proprietor. I believe it was luck that brought me to The French Connection.
The house is beautifully appointed without an ounce of pretence, the food is amazing and Diane, being the gracious, magnanimous host she is, went out of her way to help me resolve the many headaches that arose with my friends and their travel arrangements. She is a consummate host and I highly recommend her and her establishment. You won't be dissappointed!

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

As a bed and breakfast connoisseur, I did not stumble on to the French Connection in a normal “bed and breakfast” way. The French Connection came to my rescue in the way of my business. The homiest, home away from home is located new downtown Toronto and offers all the amenities and comfort of your home, minus the responsibility. As a film producer/director, I needed to feel comfortable so I could create and conduct business as usual. I had meetings in a bright, beautiful kitchen with fresh coffee and cookies. I screened my work in a large, yet cozy, basement on a big screen TV. As the host, Diane and The French Connection offered comfort, sophistication and close access to a fine city.

Simonee Chichester

Been to The French Connection? Share your experiences!