“Excellent Hotel. Great value for money.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #55 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal
“Excellent Hotel. Great value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We stayed at the Radisson Suites Airport for 2 nights at the beginning of June 2009.
We had an excellent stay. The hotel is a good distance from downtown and could be a real plus depending on the reason (and place) you need it for.
The hotel is just off exit 354 of Hwy 401. You don't have to look for it: it's right there!

The outside look is ordinary. The spacious suite-style rooms though are outstanding(see photos). We arrived a bit before 3pm and the attendant checked us in immediately. The staff is professional, helpful and really nice. We were assigned room 1015. I had read reviews about the noise of the airplanes if you were on a higher floor. Well... we were there on Friday which is probably the busiest day (flights in and out) and we could hardly hear the planes. When they land, some fly just over the hotel, you hear a light rumble for about a second or two. Everything stopped around 10pm! The next day, we were back in the afternoon for a while and hardly heard any. For those not used to Radisson, their sleep-number beds are great. There is a TV in the bedroom area as well as in the living room. The air-conditionning can be a bit noisy.

At this hotel there is a charge for parking. At the time we travelled it was $11.99 per day, with in and out privileges. The only problem we had was the that, even if we registered our car with the reception of the hotel, the next morning we saw the attendant ticketing our car, taking pictures of the car etc. I proceeded immediately to the reception and gave them the ticket. The reception attendant told me to leave it with him, that it would be setlled. I think that they should have a pass system with stamped date to put in the windshield of your car instead of that registering system. It would avoid aggravation with wanna-be policemen who only want to show their power as security agents.

Apart from this, I could only find good to say. The concierge in service in the evening was really nice and helpful about directions and restaurants. Whenever we needed something we got it either right away or brought to the room very shortly after. Everyone there gave excellent service.

Sharing the parking lot of the hotel there is a Tim Horton's(actually 2 of them), Swiss Chalet and another restaurant (which I don't remember the name), plus the hotel's on-site restaurant (Fox Bistro (?)). I had read reviews saying that restaurants were far and that a good breakfast was hard to get in the area... well, we found full breakfast places within walking distance.
For golfers there is a golf not far at James Gardens. The Toronto Conference Center is the neighbour of the Hotel.

Talking about value, Radisson have a "Free Friday" promotion at this location, which means that if you stay either a Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday, you get the Friday free.
All together for two nights and parking it cost 159.00$ CAD.

I am sure that the pictures will tell it all about the room. The only thing I forgot to take a photo of, is the sink area. There is also a litlle fridge and coffee maker which is just behind the desk.

We will definitely stay there again. The room, the staff we had during our stay, made it worthwhile to go again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
North Bay, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

Spent 1 night at this hotel the night before we flew out to the DR. Very friendly staff and beautiful suite for a standard room. Only paid $109 CAN which included the week of parking and 24 hour shuttle service. You can't go wrong!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

We stayed at the Radisson Suites Toronto Airport the night before our flight to Miami. Although there for only one night, we experienced great service and a beautiful suite. The room was very roomy and seemed recently renovated. The staff very attentive and responded quickly when we asked for an extra blanket and pillows for the kids. The people at front desk were very cordial and helped us with our transfers to the airport on the free shuttle service they offer.
All in all, I would recommend this great hotel for all it has to offer and it's outstanding service. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

This is the type of place you are likely going to only for a night or two. We stayed here for a wedding. It is a bit odd as the airplanes fly RIGHT over the hotel, which is I'm sure typical of all airport hotels.

The rooms themselves are nice. I liked the suite concept.

One minor thing, I noticed an unexpected charge on my bill for around $5 after my stay and called to address it, but was directed to the accounting department to discuss it further which of course was closed at the time. I didn't end up calling back as I forgot about it. Would been nice if at the very least we could have found out what the charge is for.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

if you are smoker just do not go to this hotel. smokers are getting the worst regural beds, see-through blankets.i booked room that was advertised and spouse to have sleep number beds and dawn comforter but i got nothing of that. the response the hotel gave me it was because i was in a smoking room. terible experience. i was punished and not threated equaly just because i smoke...intresting..is it the law that you need to threat people equaly, and do not advertize things that you can give to somebody? yes that is the law, but here it was not respected.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RadissonSuitesTO, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2009
We thank all of our guests for their comments as it gives us the opportunity to always strive on improving our service. The Hotel does not advertise smoking rooms with sleep number beds on line or on our brand web site as we only have 2 rooms in the hotel that are smoking with sleep number beds. You are not able to book a room on line or through our web site with a sleep number bed in smoking. Currently most of the other Hotel chains do not allow smoking rooms at all. We do continue to try to accommodate our smoking guests and certainly do not discriminate them.
Peter Kingsbury ;General Manager.
Belleville, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I stayed at the Airport Radisson for a conference for two mid week nights in October. I have stayed here previously, with the same overall experience. The rooms were well kept and clean, appreciated housekeeping asking if I needed my room/sheets made when meeting them in the hallway. I found the front desk staff service to be somewhat poor when checking in, compared to other hotels. Additionally, I booked a King Suite, directly through Radisson over two months in advance, though upon arrival the room I had booked wasn't available and I was given a room with 2 double beds. This wasn't a large inconvenience, as I was staying alone, however if my wife had traveled with me as she planned, the story might have been different. I would have assumed that a booking and confirmation so early would have been trouble free. There are a couple of dining location just outside of the hotel, however if you are staying more than a couple of nights you will need to travel If your staying for more than one night your meal choices are limited without driving. Finding a good breakfast is difficult, the in hotel restaurant is offers a buffet and menu in the morning which will make due but is well overpriced for the level of service and quality. There are three Tim Horton’s just steps away, but don't provide full breakfast that most business people need to jump start the day. Finding a good breakfast is difficult, the in hotel restaurant is offers a buffet and menu in the morning which will make due but is well overpriced for the level of service and quality. There are two Tim Horton’s just steps away, but don't provide full breakfast that most business people need to jump start the day.

• Liked — Nice Rooms
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RadissonSuitesTO, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2008
We thank all our guests for providing us feedback on any issues in the hotel. Information is power and when we hear of issues we can work with our service team on additional training to improve for future visits. We are happy our guest found the housekeepers friendly & efficient as well that our rooms are well maintained and clean. We will work with our front desk team to make sure all of our quests have a memorable experience while in our property. Our service is what separates us from our competitors.
Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

The Raddison is a fairly typical mid-range airport hotel. I booked a suite as i was traveling with my two children. The rooms were on the small side and the decor was dated. I would say I paid about $40 ($220 per night) too much when looking at the quality and size of the room.

What made the stay a little more challenging was that my daughter became ill during the night and I needed to get the bed linens changed. A call to the front desk quickly revealed that the fellow who had checked me in was about the only staff member in what is a fairly large hotel. To top it off he was almost brand new and told me that before he could give me a linen change he would need to speak to his manager who I think was safely at home. Anyway, to his credit the manager did call me and linens did arrive (although not quite the right ones). When I suggested to the staffer that he might want to remove the soiled and smelly linens (now in a plastic bag and placed there by me) out of the hallway he said that he would need to talk to his manager again. Wonder what would have happened if there had been a fire?

Bottom line is that a hotel of that size probably needs to reconsider leaving a junior person in charge even if the manager is a phone call away.

• Liked — Close to the airport
  • Disliked — Lack of experienced staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RadissonSuitesTO, General manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2008
Thank you very much for your comments; we will certainly use them as a training tool for our team. All guest service agents as well as the auditors on all shifts including over night shifts are fully trained in fire procedures in the hotel. There is also a manger on duty 24 hours a day. The Chief night auditor was on duty as well that night and was in the back office completing his duties. The guest service agent should be able to assist you with out seeking the guidance of the manager on duty and we will work on improving that.

Thank you.

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!