“Conference Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Belleville, Ontario
“Conference Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I stayed at the Airport Radisson for a conference for two mid week nights in October. I have stayed here previously, with the same overall experience. The rooms were well kept and clean, appreciated housekeeping asking if I needed my room/sheets made when meeting them in the hallway. I found the front desk staff service to be somewhat poor when checking in, compared to other hotels. Additionally, I booked a King Suite, directly through Radisson over two months in advance, though upon arrival the room I had booked wasn't available and I was given a room with 2 double beds. This wasn't a large inconvenience, as I was staying alone, however if my wife had traveled with me as she planned, the story might have been different. I would have assumed that a booking and confirmation so early would have been trouble free. There are a couple of dining location just outside of the hotel, however if you are staying more than a couple of nights you will need to travel If your staying for more than one night your meal choices are limited without driving. Finding a good breakfast is difficult, the in hotel restaurant is offers a buffet and menu in the morning which will make due but is well overpriced for the level of service and quality. There are three Tim Horton’s just steps away, but don't provide full breakfast that most business people need to jump start the day. Finding a good breakfast is difficult, the in hotel restaurant is offers a buffet and menu in the morning which will make due but is well overpriced for the level of service and quality. There are two Tim Horton’s just steps away, but don't provide full breakfast that most business people need to jump start the day.

• Liked — Nice Rooms
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RadissonSuitesTO, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2008
We thank all our guests for providing us feedback on any issues in the hotel. Information is power and when we hear of issues we can work with our service team on additional training to improve for future visits. We are happy our guest found the housekeepers friendly & efficient as well that our rooms are well maintained and clean. We will work with our front desk team to make sure all of our quests have a memorable experience while in our property. Our service is what separates us from our competitors.
Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

The Raddison is a fairly typical mid-range airport hotel. I booked a suite as i was traveling with my two children. The rooms were on the small side and the decor was dated. I would say I paid about $40 ($220 per night) too much when looking at the quality and size of the room.

What made the stay a little more challenging was that my daughter became ill during the night and I needed to get the bed linens changed. A call to the front desk quickly revealed that the fellow who had checked me in was about the only staff member in what is a fairly large hotel. To top it off he was almost brand new and told me that before he could give me a linen change he would need to speak to his manager who I think was safely at home. Anyway, to his credit the manager did call me and linens did arrive (although not quite the right ones). When I suggested to the staffer that he might want to remove the soiled and smelly linens (now in a plastic bag and placed there by me) out of the hallway he said that he would need to talk to his manager again. Wonder what would have happened if there had been a fire?

Bottom line is that a hotel of that size probably needs to reconsider leaving a junior person in charge even if the manager is a phone call away.

• Liked — Close to the airport
  • Disliked — Lack of experienced staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RadissonSuitesTO, General manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2008
Thank you very much for your comments; we will certainly use them as a training tool for our team. All guest service agents as well as the auditors on all shifts including over night shifts are fully trained in fire procedures in the hotel. There is also a manger on duty 24 hours a day. The Chief night auditor was on duty as well that night and was in the back office completing his duties. The guest service agent should be able to assist you with out seeking the guidance of the manager on duty and we will work on improving that.

Thank you.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

We stayed at the Radisson on June 23 and 24. If you want to tour downtown Toronto, you will need a rental car because it's not that close to downtown. The suite was very spacious. The decor (paintings, carpet, tile, and especially the "wet bar") was a bit dated but clean. The parking costs $7.95 CAD per day. If you want the newspaper, it's $0.75 CAD per day unless you decline it at check in. These fees really did not bother me much because they cost much more at a hotel in downtown.

We booked the room on Hotwire for $50 per night. After taxes, it was a little over $60 which was quite good. The only negative thing I have to comment about is that my credit card was charged again when I have already paid for the room through Hotwire. This was promptly resolved by making a phone call but this shouldn't have happend in the first place.

One more thing, if you are very sensitive to airplane noises, you may want to avoid staying near this hotel. While I was there, they planes flew RIGHT OVER the hotel every few minutes until about 11pm. It didn't bother me much as I am a sound sleeper.

• Liked — Spacious an clean room
  • Disliked — Double charged, no swimming pool, slow internet in the room, airplane noises
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RXD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

Nice clean hotel, large modern rooms. Very good location. Friendly staff with Piam the "Chef Concierge" giving service at a european concierge level ("golden keys"). I heard the aircraft noise once during my 2 night stay so its not bad. Parking is convenient but a bit expensive.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RadissonSuitesTO, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts on our property. Piam is a wonderful Concierge and a great ambassador for our Hotel, I am happy to see he was able to assist your during your stay. I will also make sure he is recognized for his service. Parking at all the airport properties ranges from 6.99 to 18.99 per night and we are at the low end of the scale. If an airport hotel is not charging for parking then the service is added to the rate and you would pay a higher rate weather you parked or not. We have chosen to only charge for services used.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Peter Kingsbury
Brockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

My wife and I were looking for a place where we could meet our brother in law for part of the day as well as meet her sister flying in near midnight. We like to watch hockey and have a few beers, so with several bar type restaurants just out front of the hotel it was pretty handy. We met up with my wifes son and girlfriend and the 4 of us had plenty of room in this pretty nice hotel. The beds are those sleep number ones(very comfortable). Lots of room. A fridge and sink came in handy and no trouble hooking to the internet or watching a great tv. For 4 people these rooms are pretty good and the hotel staff was very friendly and had no problems filling our special requests. No pool here.

• Liked — close to restaurants
  • Disliked — living room a little small
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RadissonSuitesTO, General manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2008
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Peter Kingsbury
Niagara Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

We used this hotel and a stay and fly option. Was a great deal! I could not believe the size of the rooms once we got checked in. We got 2 rooms on with a King and one with 2 doubles. The one with 2 doubles was far larger. They were clean and spacious.

There was a special area where we could leave our vehicles for up to 2 weeks. It actually worked out to be cheaper than the park and fly. You get 2 shuttles passes for there and back and each extra person is $6. Shuttle took about 6 minutes to get to the Airport. The phone number was on the tickets for the way back, called and we blinked and he was asking if we were the ones that called. Excellent service.

The Fox Bistro inside the hotel was a great little hotel bar as well and the service we recieved from Stanley was awesome. Going on a trip next month and going to use this hotel again,

• Liked — The size of the rooms
  • Disliked — nothing bad to say
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

Stayed here in conjunction with a business trip next door at the Centre. Very nice hotel, with pleasant staff. The rooms were clean and updated, but showed signs of a lot of usage and wear. Not the end of the world there, though - it was still nice. The hotel is located within walking distance to many restaurants and shops - including subs, bar& grills, sushi, and fast food/donut shops.

I was excited to try the sleep-number bed they provide at this facility - and I could have done without it. It felt like I was sleeping on an inflated Ziploc bag - and I could not get comfortable any of the nights I stayed there (woke up sore in the back, honestly). I stayed at a dumpy Super 8 the next night on my way to my next location and got a better nights sleep with a traditional mattress!

All together, a very nice facility. I left knowing I was taken care of as well as with a mental note to not buy a Sleep Number bed for at home!

• Liked — Convenience to events and food services.
  • Disliked — Sleep Number bed
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!