“Solid Steakhouse in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 6,548 Restaurants in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Near the Toronto Airport (Pearson).
Arlington, Texas
“Solid Steakhouse in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Certainly a chain, but this particular location is better than the others I have been to in Texas. The interior is dark and romantic and as expected for a mid- to upper-end steakhouse. Full bar that was full of business travelers like myself - all the drinks seemed to be served without error and made properly. The steak itself (large filet) was excellent (better quality than I have had at other Kegs); cooked to my desired temperature, well seared on the outside and cooked properly throughout. I didn't want any potato side and asked for grilled peppers; no problem at all - perfectly grilled large slabs of red bell peppers.

All in all a great visit and I am sure I will be back several times during my assignment in Toronto.

• Visited April 2014

Kitchener, Canada
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Zuzana, my waitress was the epitome of class.
Service perfection.
I went alone as I was in town for a classic car show and auction.I was warmly greeted and my order was taken within 5 minutes on an exceptionally busy Saturday evening. My salad was perfectly dressed.The steak was indescribable. Perfect is an understatement. What a wonderful end to a very very hectic day.

• Visited April 2014
Northern Ontario
“I'm so stuffed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Dinner at the Keg on Dixon Rd. was one of my top three meals ever. I know that sounds like playing favorites but they really hit all my taste buds. This is crazy I'm still stuffed from eating and my mouth is salivating over this review. Pretty sure I need some professional help. Steaks were cooked to perfection. I had the garlic mashed taters and the birthday girl had twice baked taters. At the end of the meal they surprised my wife (the birthday girl) with a really nice ice cream pie with chocolate drizzle and almonds. Great finish to the evening.

• Visited March 2014
Parry Sound, Canada
“Reliable, good steak house.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Enjoyed a nice steakhouse style business meeting. Good service, good food with steaks and prime rib done perfectly. Located at the airport close to the airport hotels. All the meat was fine, the baked Brie appetizer was delicious. Ask for the dessert sampler with a little bit of everything, they were all good. Worth the visit...

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
“Pretty average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I travel to Toronto often and my colleagues and I get into a rut of hitting the same restaurants by our hotel near the airport. We branched out during my last visit to this restaurant. The food seems to be pretty average and not quite on par with some of the other options (search for my other reviews if you like). And the decor/vibe is kind of dark as well. I don't think we'll head back.

• Visited February 2014