“Perfect location and service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #60 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa
“Perfect location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Marlene and Tim at the front desk were very helpful. We were waiting for an important phone call from the hospital and they assured us they would take a message if we stepped out or would come and get us if we were in the pool or sauna.

We ordered take-out and no cutlery came with the order. Marlene went and got us some from the breakfast room.

Breakfast was more than adequate with lots of choce. Scrambled eggs, sausages, make yourself waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagels,toast and fruit. Coffee available 24 hours a day. We were please it was available from 6:00 AM. The lady in the breakfast room was pleasant and busy cleaning and making sure everyone was happy.

Our room was clean and had two comfortable pillowtop beds with duvets. It was helpful to have a refrigerator and microwave as well as coffee maker,

Even though we were next to the highway the room was quiet and we had a good sleep both nights.

The pool, hot tub,exercise room and sauna were nice. A big plus was free parking and access to excellent public transportation. In addition free wifi was available in the room. There was a computer in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto ON CAN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed here 1 night with my boyfriend. We stayed in a king room and immediately noticed the dated decor, mostly due to the granny floral accents. The coffee maker, ice bucket and drinking glasses (thankfully packaged in plastic) were in the bathroom other than the usual spot outside on the desk – This also turned me off, even when I don’t usually use them.

The king bed we had was uncomfortably stiff (firm mattress I suppose) and only 3 standard-size pillows were provided, all of which felt lumpy to me. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep too well. The hot breakfast offered in the morning is limited and what little is provided goes fast but that was because we came downstairs late (close to 10am) and the kitchen must’ve halted production by then. The dining room is small and fills up quite fast. Even though it’s an Executive Inn, I noticed lots of families at breakfast. The heater/AC in the room is quite loud, but that helped drown out noise from the hallway.

Front desk service is average on the customer service front, not particularly friendly; just process-in process out. I wouldn’t recommend staying here for more than 1-2 nights, but for an overall experience it was average and for the amount we paid it was admittedly a decent value. The hotel did have a nice-looking pool and hot tub, which we would’ve used had it not been for the family that took over both.

Pro

-King room is spacious

-High speed internet access & wifi (need to use a code though)

-Breakfast included

-Free overnight parking

-Pool, hot tub & fitness room. Also a small business centre.

-Front desk says they don’t allow room parties (we stayed Halloween weekend)

Con

-Dated decor, could use a refresh

-Uncomfortable king bed, cheap on the pillows

-Poor soundproofing; I could hear when people were in the hallway

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Montague, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Nice hotel, average rooms, Clean tho...

Front desk was very polite and helpful. Rest of the staff were very rude and it seemed like we bothered them.

Breakfast is minimal, and u cant serve urself, must be done by a worker which I found annoying.

Quiet area

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We stayed for three nights. Rooms where clean and tidy. Unfortunately it was spring break and a young girls ice hockey team along with their parents where staying at the hotel. This meant kids were running around everywhere and sometimes blocked the hall. Not really the hotels fault. Breakfast as a result was really busy. They should move the waffle maker to the end of the breakfast area as people making waffles would block people wanting to get access to other breakfast items.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
sudbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Our hockey team booked at this hotel twice, and both times we had less than exceptable service. The staff always gave the appearance of being inconvenienced by our presence. There were 4 or 5 teams staying in the hotel for the weekend and they seperated every team onto seperate floors. This would not be a hotel I would ever recommend for a group function.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Arrived late night on Sunday for business. Unfortunately, I arrived before my luggage did so I was without toiletries and my laptop. Staff was extremely helpful and sympathetic. They provided me with all the items I needed to get through the night and notified me as soon as my luggage arrived the next day. Their business center helped me stay connected with my company and my family. The room was very clean. I was worried about the possible noise from the highway, but I was not disturbed at all. I will surely stay again.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
St. Catharines, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Upon arrival, we noticed our room was a little "lack-lustre". There was a big crack in the wall, the skirt on the sofa had a massive tear on it and the bathroom floor behind the door had never seen a mop...ever. Our room was ice cold so we put the heat on. There was this awful grinding noise when the fan moved. We put up with it a while but then had to do something. We were switched to a different room which was totally fine. We met our colleague the next morning and she couldn't sleep all night because she was in a room next to the maintenance room and there was constant banging all night. She went to the front desk and they switched her to another room as well. After a long day of walking (you're in TO, what else do you do?), we arrived back at the hotel and saw 2 kids in the hottub-pool area and decided to go in the hottub to ease a few aching bones. We went up to change and came down to a dark pool and keys that would not open the door. I went to the front desk and asked if the pool was closed (supposed to be open until 10pm, was only 7:30), they said it was "unclean". There goes that idea of a nice soak. I get back to my room and the front desk called my colleague to offer 15% off our rooms for tonight for the inconvenience. Nice gesture, I guess. I have to say that the staff was great throughout all of our misfortunes at this hotel, but they have a hard road ahead of them if they continue to work here. How many other complaints did they get if both of the people in my party had issues with their stay? I would not recommend this hotel to anyone except the large families on my floor who took up 3 rooms to house all of them. By the way, it was really fun to hear the kids go back and forth between rooms and hear the young kids up to at least 11pm. Next time I will pay $20 more a night to have a true 3 star hotel. This place is more 2 star than anything. The ad brags that this hotel is the newest in the area. It seems about 8 years old and in need of maintenance and updating already.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn? Share your experiences!