“Fabulous Place for meat lovers” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3,648 of 6,589 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Pakistani
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous Place for meat lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been to this place many times.We keep going there because the food is good, the place is moderately clean (you can have a washroom with diaper changing station) and they are open till midnight. The restaurant serves Pakistani food.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A Shock to the System”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

I visited the establishment while visiting the Pakistani area with some friends. My home town has hundreds of Indian/Pakistani restaurants and I was looking forward to a good meal as it was recommended by a proprietor of a local business.

We should have known better just looking at the outside of the building. It looked like it was in a state of disrepair. We entered the building and were greeted by a woman who was cooking, we were told to sit anywhere. The inside was unfinished is the only way to describe it. It looked like they were building the place. The tables and chairs were grubby looking white plastic patio style furniture. The waiter providing our service was approximately six years old! This is why I gave them two stars for service because the lad did his best! The glasses were dirty and the water jug had curry stains. There was a tv set up in the seating area playing a dvd, there was a pile of what appeared to be pirate DVDs on the dvd player!

A friend an I ordered the chicken biryani. When the food arrived the rice was piping hot (too hot to have in your mouth) while the chicken was actually cold. I should have left without finishing or paying but we were unfamiliar to the area and felt we should leave as fast and friendly as possible!

All in all I would have to say I am surprised the restaurant hasn't been closed for health and safety or child labour reasons! I have no hesitation in advising readers avoid the Lahori Karahi House at all costs.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere