“Excellent atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Moncton
“Excellent atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Picture the Keg in an old mansion! Romantic setting for dinner with an excellent lounge on the 2nd floor to grab a drink while waiting for your table. They told us (on a Saturday night) that it would be a 1 hour wait for our table. After going up to the lounge and ordering a drink, our table was pretty near ready. We didn't wait more than 20 minutes. Excellent atmosphere and food! Service was great too.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Paris, France
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very nice place and staff, the food is excellent (the meat especially is superb), even the desserts, I warmly recommend this place

Richmond Hill, Canada
“A romantic and fun night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

A romantic atmosphere with dim lighting and an upper floor with a sports bar! Every room is dimly lit and while you wait there are tables in almost any space available....even halfway to the upper floor, the second floor landing has a couple of small tables. They have Amazing staff! Very friendly and attentive to your needs. I even had a ghost encounter! It was a friendly ghost and she played a trick on me during dinner. After dinner, my hubby and I went upstairs to the lounge and bar area to watch a hockey game. A bit crowded during the busy dinner hour. They don't take reservations though. A great night out!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oakville, Canada
“Yes The Keg..but not the best location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've been to most of the Keg restaurants in Mississauga, Oakville,and Niagara areas. Really you can't go wrong with this restaurant chain. It is consistent with their service and food. One of our friends that live in downtown Toronto asked for their birthday to go out for dinner at the Keg Mansion. I had been to this Keg some twenty five years ago and remember that it was a great dinner experience. Well some time has passed and I don't think that the Keg has spent any money on keeping this large place clean. This is a busy restaurant in downtown Toronto. People seem to like coming to this location. I found the second floor bar area very dirty. The stairs coming up had a build up of dust on the steps.The ledges where we were sitting were very dusty. I know that they want to keep that old mansion feel, but I think that the management staff should really look at a good cleaning job and maybe fix the areas that have some wear and tear. Why fix things when the people still keep coming. Maybe I'am picky but I would like a place that I'am eating in to look clean.... That's my opinion. On a positive note our meals were very good and our server Erica was great. I still will keep going to The Keg but not this location. I'll stick to my new Oakville upsale, clean location. Maybe I'll visit again in another twenty five years.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Always A Good Decision”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place is pretty big and always busy. There's never a question that The Keg will always outdo pretty much everything else around it. This particular occasion was a little celebration of sorts with my girlfriend on obtaining a full-contracted teaching job in York Region. As per usual on a Friday night it was packed inside. We opted to go upstairs into the lounge and wait for a table. Well that was completely unnecessary because we were still able to be served the full menu and ended up sitting at a large round table in two large very comfy cushioned chairs. You couldn't have found a better spot! Plus it was in a smaller room just off to the side and the wall silenced most of the chatter from the bar.

Our server was very polite (and probably gracious that her cocktailing section just threw her a full dinner order) and we had a very nice experience, as we normally do at The Keg. However, the Mansion Keg has become our favourite location. We always seem to have a slightly better experience at this one!

• Visited October 2013