“Awesome for a good night out!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ballroom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,205 of 6,561 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, Pub, Chicken Wings
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Richmond
Transit: 5 minute walk from Osgoode subway station
Description: The Ballroom is downtown Toronto's newest interactive entertainment center. Two expansive floors accommodate up to 900 guests and boast inventive decor, outstanding eats from our top-notch chef, and the official Molson Canadian Hockey House. Whether you are stopping by after work to catch a game at the bar or bringing your work with you, The Ballroom is your #1 choice for a Great Night Out!
“Awesome for a good night out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Went to the Ballroom with a few friends on the weekend. We originally intended to bowl, there was a bit of a wait and so we went upstairs.

It turns out they have an amazing rooftop patio with TVs outside showing sports, but music in the background, very cool atmosphere.

Inside they had a great live band doing a mix of covers and originals. The sound quality and lighting was surprisingly professional.

We watched the band for a while and ordered some appetizers at the bar, (wings, corn dogs, and calamari). They were all excellent. We had heard the place was expensive, but for baked amazing wings in Toronto, 12$ is pretty good!

Overall amazing atmosphere, lots to do. Will definately come back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

68% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Everything about this place was bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I live and work in the area but this was my first time visiting this establishment. There was a group of 10 of us that went for after work drinks/dinner on a Friday night.

First off the service was terrible. We were left without drinks when we got there for quite some time, drinks were left empty for quite some time until our waitress got around to us and when she did, she forgot 3 times that we had even ordered so we were left waiting even longer for drinks.

Which leads me to my next point - the drinks. I ordered a pitcher of Sangria for myself, it tasted like juice, no wine taste whatsoever. But I drank it and ordered another one which tasted completely different, very much a wine taste. When I mentioned it to the waitress, her response was "I don't know what you want me to say - different bartendars make it differently". There are many responses I could've pointed out but I let it go. In my opinion, if you have it on your menu, there should be some sort of standard in the way things are done. After drinking two pitchers of Sangria (by myself) and feeling nothing, I am really led to believe that they skimp big time on the alcohol in the cocktails as there is no way I should've been able to drink two pitchers and still be sober.

Finally, we did order food while there which is completely overpriced for the small portions, and not-so-good tasting food that arrived at our table.

Honestly, save your money and go somewhere else. The wait staff seem to hate their job, the cocktails are skimpy on the alcohol content, the food is overpriced and gross, and the atmosphere is like any other sportsbar (nothing special). I won't go back there again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Fun afternoon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We went here for bowling and drinks and had a blast! Got 2 appetizers which were good. The prices are a bit high, but it was a very fun afternoon, so can't complain too much. Didn't make it upstairs, so can't comment on the atmosphere up there. Service could have been more attentive at the bowling lanes - we had to keep going to the bar to get drinks (when we booked the bowling lanes, we were told we'd have a dedicated server...)

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“An entertaining spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stepped into the Ballroom on a Saturday afternoon for a drink and some people watching. It had a lively atmosphere, with all of the bowling lanes full of large groups. (Definitely make a reservation if you're going to bowl - the lanes were busy.) We sat at the bar where there are multiple TV's with a variety of sports on and it was all-in-all an entertaining afternoon.

The service at the bar was decent. I ordered a margarita on the rocks which is a favorite of mine, but it was way too sour to drink so the bartender let me trade it in for a regular mixed drink. The macaroni & cheese was very good, it had cheddar, cheese curds, & mozzarella with herbs and garlic bread crumbs on the top. The portion size was so big that this could easily be a shared dish unless you're really hungry.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
toronto
“Horrible all around”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

It was my first time visiting this restaurant downtown toronto for a friend's birthday. The friend said we will be bowling, so I thought it would look more like a bowling place with tons of bowling lanes. When I got there, the bowling apparently was on the first floor, but I was directed to go to the second floor as the people were already seated.

So, upstairs is a sit in dining area, with a smoking room, pingpong tables, and a live band Saturday night. Now, I know what you are going to say, if I don't like loud music, I shouldn't have went there...but I didn't know. So, first, the place was way too loud. Even when the band wasn't playing, the restaurant was playing loud music. It was extremely difficult to socialize. I didn't think I was going to a club or anything...

Second, the service was horrendous. The waitress did not smile, she never came to check on our food, she messed up our food items, as we asked for ceaser salad with chicken, there was no chicken; the pizza didn't have the toppings, and we didn't have cutlery for ten minutes after the food arrived. On top of that, the chicken that went on the ceaser that she brought afterwards was COLD. The mac and cheese two of ordered was cold as well, and there was no taste to the dish.

You would think a restaurant downtown would have some decent food...I wonder why they would have closed down Montanas to open such business.

Anyway, the dinner had gotten me into a pretty poor mood, so we didn't even stay for bowling. I would suspect that since the food was overprices for the service and food they provide, I don't think that bowling would have been satisfying anyway.

Maybe it was just that day, maybe not, but I know that I will never go back there, and never would suggest anyone else to go back there either.

• Visited March 2012