“Good burger good price” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #782 of 6,793 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Description: I have read great reviews for Five Guys Burgers but I have to say in my opinion their burgers are disgusting. Before the lynch mob tears down my front door, here is what I tasted there:I got their regular burger with lettuce, tomato and grilled onions, with a dash of mustard. I saw the guy "grilling" burger on a pan and pushing down on it with all his weight. The burger arrived with two patties. I hate that, because of all the grease the burgers keep in slipping out of the buns. It was disgustingly greasy, wet and all mushed up, buns were wet from all the grease and the burger was oozing grease all over to the other side of my fingers. Have I complained about the grease enough? The fries were ok but again they were overly greasy. The burger tasted like overly fatty low quality steak from a roadside diner in the middle of nowhere, and it had burnt fat smell. After two bites I threw away the entire thing, fries and all. That thing cost me almost 14 dollars and the only thing I enjoyed was the drink because it washed away the taste of Five Guys burger.
toronto
“Good burger good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Although my fave is still Burger's Priest and has yet to get to The Harbor Room, Five Guys is nearby. Five words: tasty filling without being greasy. My usual is the double patty, jalapeno (hallelujah! fresh peppers NOT the pickled vinegar bombs), saute onions and mushrooms. The burger is big enough to fill me up without the need for fries (which are quite good). The patties were always juicy and not greasy, because I find very little dripping in the foil wrap. Since I am full on 1 burger, the bill is very reasonable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto, Canada
“GREAT FRIES. good burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

so went here with the family. first time ever. ordered the regualr hamburger. everything takes a bit of time only because everything is made fresh. burgers and fried. when we get the burger, the regular is 2 patties. which i didnt know. nice size. flavor of it was okay. The best thing is the cajun fries. They are so good and they give you a container and fill more in your bag. There is no combo here. so everything is bought seperately. So price wise it totals. Overall I would go back to this place but get a junior burger or whatever they call it, the one with one patty in it and for the fries, one regular order can feed like 2 people.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good burger, waited forever!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Been to Five Guys many times in the States, always a good hamburger. Still just as good in Ontario but at two in the afternoon and no waiting, I waited almost twenty minutes for my little cheeseburger! Too many behind the counter were doing multiple jobs, going back and forth, slowly, not really accomplishing anything. No order to anything. They were friendly, food was good but a little chaotic.

“Good burgers and fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The fries a great and they give you enough to share.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Decent Burger, phenomenal fries!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

The burgers are ok, but nothing to write home about, good selection of toppings, quick service, but what really impressed me were those fries! Omg so delicious! As this was my first time i have realized what to do next time, my husband and i each got a little burger, small fries and small drink, next time we will each get a small burger, share fries (they dump a huge scoop of fries in the bag after putting your portion in) and share a drink (free refills) so it will be more econonmical and far less waste.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere