“Worth it” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, good service and close to local shopping. The Japanese wings (new menu item) were an excellent appie. Burger, Mac n cheese, and pulled pork sandwich were all delicious. Only drawback was the lack of adequate air conditioning!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stockholm, Sweden
“Relaxed, friendly, vibrant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had time to kill between two meetings in Toronto, so I bought a couple of books at the nearby Ben McNally bookstore (if I could review bookstores here, I'd give them 5 stars!) and slipped into the Gabardine for a coffee, waiting for them to start serving lunch. The staff was exteremely friendly and attentive in a relaxed manner. At lunch time, the restaurant was very full and hectic, obviously a popular water hole on Bay street. The food was excellent, I had the halibut, and desert to round up the lunch. If I'd work in downtown Toronto, this would be one of my favorites. Alas, I don't so I'm just lucky I found the place!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Wanted to like it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The gabardine is pretty close to where we live so we really wanted to like this place and the menu looked great. First off our welcome to the restaurant was very cool. The service for the rest of the evening didn't get any friendlier. Okay, it was downright frosty. My fried cheese salad was a letdown but my husband's rabbit rillettes was very good. But then came his fried chicken on a waffle. What is that strange flavor? It's like they added ground incense. I heard a couple of girls beside us remark on the same weird taste. The Manhattan chowder was good but it will leave you hungry. Overall – not worth the price.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Neighbourhood Restaurant in the Heart of Downtown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wonderful food, friendly staff, neighbourhood feel in the heart of Bay Street, the Gabardine is absolutely one of my favourite restaurants in Toronto!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Antigua
“Try the Mac Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Being from the Caribbean, I'm always interested to try new versions of macaroni and cheese. though it is often said to be a comfort food, its nearly a staple at any major/minor occasion here on the islands. So i was surprised to see such an upscale restaurant offering such a dish. However my expectations were exceeded at the one i had at the Gabardine. I could sure do with one on this rainy day here in Antigua.

• Visited April 2013