“Good eatery serving vegan, organic and microbiotic food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,547 of 6,796 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Vegan
Ottawa, Canada
“Good eatery serving vegan, organic and microbiotic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stopped in for a bite while wandering around the area. Though Kale is the smallest vegan buffet I've been to, the selection was good, the food was nicely presented and freshly prepared. For my taste, not a lot of variety in flavours in the buffet selections though I did really enjoy the fresh peas & cucumber dish. The lentil soup was also a hit. Really like the concept of this eatery.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Zurich, Switzerland
“Spontaneous visit we don't regret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We've been strolling around in Toronto and wanted to go to a somewhat healthy place and almost ended up in a Thai restaurant... however, Kale Eatery was next to it, which got our attention as it's a rare occasion to see a Vegan restaurant (well, especially as we're not vegan, so probably we don't specifically look for such places).

We were very glad to grab some great vegetables, an awesome, spicy burger and very tempting dessert options. An absolute recommendation.

The interior or location of this restaurant isn't special (read: not cozy), but the food and people easily make up for it.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Never Thought a Vegetarian Meal Could Be So Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This neighbourhood has many restaurant choices - but most are either fast food or very expensive high end restaurants (ie you pay a lot for tiny portions of 'pretty food').

My friend and I are not vegetarians, but were really pleased to find this restaurant - as a reasonably priced, extremely healthy option.

The hot/cold salad bar offers so many choices that my friend and I each sampled 6 items, and only 1 item was the same - the amazing perogies. Other favorites of mine were the portobello mushrooms with quinoa and the leek pie. There are items on the menu in addition to the hot/cold salad bar, but I haven't tried these - yet.

We've been back once a week since. If I'm in a rush, I grab a couple of samosas to go - very tasty also.

• Visited September 2011