“Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bannock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 6,550 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: TTC - Queen Street subway stop
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Food was very good. The items we tried tasted terrific because of top notch ingredients. This place is a bit different and claims to serve "Canadian Comfort Food" but much of the menu is a bit more elaborate. Their burger is one of the best I have ever had. The service is fast and friendly. A bit on the pricy side but not surprising given the quality. Try everything on the menu!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Moncton, Canada
“Great Canadian-inspired food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The service is great, don't hesitate to ask if you don't know what something is on the menu. The food is inspired by Canada and prepared excellently. It's a busy spot, so a reservation isn't a bad idea. The location couldn't be better.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
burlington
“Great food pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

greats salads, the donut dessert was amazing the and brick chicken was great!!! strongly recommend... Was noisy but well worth it. Great Service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Try the steak & ale pie!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Shown to our table by a charming chatty waitress. Early evening and the restaurant was already very busy. We were given a window table with bar stools - we didn't have a reservation.

Chose steak & ale pie (waitresses favourite) and my wife had meatballs. My pie was absolutely delicious but unfortunately the meatballs were uncooked in the centre. Waitress explained that this was happening too often and the dish was to be removed from the new menu. Declined having them re-done and my wife chose the steak & ale pie, which again was delicious. Unfortunately, I had finished mine by the time hers reached the table.

Visit saved by the friendly waitress who stopped to chat. Looks promising.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Tried a few times, however not good for my wife.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have been to Bannock before. It was not the most favourable visit, but it was a place that I wanted to go. I love the atmosphere, it is a slice of Canadiana, which flows right in to their food.
The staff was quite pleasant, I guess you could say the foundation was quite solid.
I just love the food. Nevertheless, they can not get my wife's rather basic request for non-runny eggs whatsoever.
They can not do hard poached eggs, do not ask, not worth your time, the first time we went, they said they will do it and they cam back with eggs that are just as runny. She will pick the parts she does not want out, since as well they can not do egg whites. We reached out to them and told them this and they apologized, however wanted us to book our next visit with them.
During the international art fair, we wanted to give it one more shot, yet the same results. This time they brought her really wet scrambled eggs and in essence paid $30 for toast and coffee.
If you do hot have special requests it is actually good food, but unfortunately I will never be back because my wife said NEVER!

• Visited October 2013