“Great food, highly recommended choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #210 of 6,800 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Upscale casual, downtown Toronto. The first JOEY to hit the streets of downtown Toronto. Located just off Yonge on Dundas, this place is a work of art - exposed brick walls, open-air dining, crazy custom lighting and the Enomatic wine system. We could go on, but you should come and see it for yourself.
“Great food, highly recommended choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was my first time at this place, I had lunch there and the mushroom cheddar cheeseburger I ordered was really delicious!! I was drooling. I also tried the Caesar salad which was also amazingly tasty! Both the beef of the burger and chicken of the salad were cooked in an excellent way, they were juicy. The only drawback is that it takes a while to get to the washrooms, you need to make a short trip, but besides that the place is a must-visit in my opinion.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“GREAT Spot ... Just a couple of things you need to know”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hi,
So had lunch at Joey Eaton Centre yesterday and thought I would write a review.

First, the food is great. Been a few times to Joey now, and I have to say the food you get is good quality and decent sized portions. I highly recommend the chicken Souvlaki, the Tuna Tacos, the chicken flatbread and the burger. There is also a tuna taco appetizer - it's a seared Ahi (?) tuna and it comes with the most amazing dipping sauce. The wine list is great, too.

The prices are a little above average for the mains - but the appetizers (also known as "appies!") are reasonable, as are the burgers and the tuna tacos and salads.

It is not a quiet place. In other words, if you want a quiet lunch or dinner, I'd suggest you go elsewhere. It's packed at lunch time, and in the evenings it becomes more of a bar type of scene - not bad, but just louder and crowded.

Another thing, and this may or may not bug you but I just raise it BECAUSE it seemed to bother a woman in the booth beside us ... so here goes, form your own opinion! The waitresses (very nice, excellent service) wear somewhat skimpy outfits. The waitress we had had a skirt so short it was ... well ... short! The woman in the boot beside us (who had a couple of kids) made a comment but what can you do. Anyway, if you are not used to women dressing a bit skimpy (skimpily? sp?) then it's fine, but I just throw that out because some people have issues with that. To each his own, but at least you know!

Oh, one other point - like I said earlier, it's a busy spot so if you go for lunch, try to get there around 11:30 or 11:45 or so, to beat the rush. We got there at 12:10 and had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated. Again, not a huge issue and obviously the fact it's packed means it's good, but I just throw that out so you know ahead of time. Same with dinner - if you want a good spot closer to the open windows, don't go at 6 and expect one, it won't happen.

Hope this helps!

Mississauga, Canada
“Joey Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had dinner here with 3 others on a Saturday night and it was a great experience overall. I've heard there are usually lines to get into here for dinner on a weekend, but I guess we were lucky as we just walked without a problem. We chose to sit in the area surrounding the bar since 2 people weren't eating. The room is beautiful and the table are not crowded. There is a giant screen on the far wall, and TV's surrounding the bar which is great if there is a game on. The servers were quick to take our orders, introduce the specials, and bring our drinks. Their special on Saturday was Sangria (which the girls had) and Sapporo (which I had). The girls were pleased with the Sangria, which was freshly made. The prices for food are a bit expensive, but not overly so. To eat, I had the tataki steak and sushi surf and turf which was delicious and perfectly cooked (the steak), but not something I'd recommend if you are very hungry; the steak was only 5oz I believe.

The place is kind of like a "hipper" Moxie's, so if that's your cup of tea, I'd definitely recommend it. The food was great, there was a good variety of drinks, and I liked the spacing of the floor. A nice place to have a few drinks with some friends, or bring someone special out to dinner. Hope this helps!

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent service and atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant and decided to stop in for dinner.
Décor is very nice, beautiful atmosphere (sat on covered patio)
Meal - I had the steak with prawns, which came with deep fried mashed potatoes (YUM!) and grilled veggies. Steak was cooked as I ordered it, medium rare, and was tasty (spices) however it seemed the quality of the meat was not great. Was a little rubbery and had it not been seasoned as it was , it would have been tasteless. The prawns were ok, a little dry...but tasty. Frozen prawns no doubt. Deep fried mashed potatoes were GREAT!! Simply mashed potato, rolled in a spring roll flaky dough and deep fried. I was pleasantly surprised, very tasty!!!
Veggies - I had to look for them. They were diced, very small but tasty and I didn't really notice them until the end...it was kind of like a salsa, but with root veggies.
Portions were small, but that's a good thing as I find that many restaurants overload your plate, so that part was perfect.
Dessert was AMAZING !!!!!!!!!! Loved it - all of it as we ordered one of each and every bite was incredible.
Overall the meal was nothing to write home about, however one thing certainly did stand out and that was the SERVICE. From the hostesses to the waitress, to bus girl....everyone had a smile and was truly friendly. Waitress knew the menu very well and was extremely attentive without being overbearing. I'm a smoker, went out 3 times for a cigarette and each time the hostesses thanked us and wished us a great evening LOL.
For service and atmosphere, this is a great place. Would be curious to try other dishes as I felt the seasoning / presentation was great.
Would return if in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
U.S.
“Great food and surprisingly good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Awesome.

The szechuan edamame was great. My teenager loved his sushi cone & lobster grilled cheese as much as I loved my ahi tacos.

great location, atmosphere and food.

Added surprise: They made a mistake timing our appetizers and we weren't really upset and didn't complain but the manager came to our table, apologized and comped them! I would have normally given this restaurant 4 stars but the added service makes them a 5 in my book.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere